Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
510 Threaded mods (old spritepack)
A long ass time ago, I decided to start on a project to put vape mods in the game. I got everything done except for the in hand sprites. Which is mostly because I'm stupid and couldn't figure out a way to sprite them. I created them to replace the vape that came in the base bs12 code, but wasn't implimented. The server I made it for ended up going under so now I'm just left with these. Ironically, I quit vaping between then and now.  It just feels like a shame to let them all go to waste.

I sprited out 3 mods, all the paraphenalia (IE juice bottles, batteries, tanks and rda's), and animations for the mods at various intervals of being filled.
I intended for it to work by clicking on yourself with it in your active hand, and that would create a cloud of smoke around your character that blocks out vision for a second while it dissipates. The different flavors would have different effects, and because this was designed with bs12 in mind, the different kinds would be based around using plasma, uranium, and radium as ingredients. Though with this basecode, you could do much more with it. Such as using cannabis or magic mushroom extracts from botany as juice.
The individual mods all had different properties as well:
The white sands mod (tube mod) would be the basic one, it would puff out regular smoke clouds that block vision for a moment while they dissipate.
The Sigly mod (Box mod) would have different wattage settings that would change the cloud from being like the ones from cigarettes or blunts and range to filling multiple blocks with clouds that block vision. Depending on the setting (10,20,30...90,100) it would use (1,2,3...9,10) units of juice per puff.
The Robust mod (Hammer mech mod, AKA the Satan mod), would work identically to the White Sands mod, but every time it is used, it has a 70% chance of burning your hand and a 30% chance of blowing up.

I had plans for another mod that would basically work as a flamethrower but with steam that would use 100u of juice per hit and actively burn your lungs, but I never got around to spriting it.

I know it's a lot of fluff and shit for something that barely affects the game to begin with, but like I said, it just seems like a waste not to post or use it somewhere.

Attached Files
.dmi   Robust Mod.dmi (Size: 7.19 KB / Downloads: 227)
.dmi   Sigly mod.dmi (Size: 2.52 KB / Downloads: 244)
.dmi   White Sands Mod.dmi (Size: 1.48 KB / Downloads: 236)
.dmi   Vape objects.dmi (Size: 3.54 KB / Downloads: 233)
previews would be good
[Image: Robust20Mod.png][Image: Sigly20mod.png][Image: White20Sands20Mod.png][Image: Vape20objects.png]
Here are the spritesheet previews.
Added note, the white pile and the white strips are cotton for the tanks and rda's. Also, the black rectangle on the boxmod spritesheet at the very end, is the backing and would be it's own item, along with the batteries and each individual part for the other two mods. The concept was that you could fuck around with it to a good extent. This was the basis for something bigger I was going to add on to before the server went under.
I've wanted vapes ingame for the exact purpose of fooling around and putting chems in them, but I forget what the balance opinion was on that.
With the tanks, the idea was that they could hold different amounts depending on what size tank you bought. So like the biggest one holding like 50u and the smallest holding 15u. The RDA's would only be able to hit 1-3 times depending on wattage/whether or not you're using 100w on the box mod.