Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow clothes and items made from fabrics to absorb liquids
It would probably be a bit of an undertaking to code, but it would be cool to be able to throw a bunch of jumpsuits into a puddle in order to soak up the liquid. I'm not sure exactly how it would work, but I'm thinking something along the lines of adding an absorption stat to materials. The higher the absorption value, the more liquids the material can hold. This would also pave the way for adding sponge as a material, so the janitor can walk over wet floors with sponge shoes, or someone could make a sponge jumpsuit soaked in styptic powder. Thoughts?
If it came in the form of materials, tho, it'd mean setting the materials for a lot of clothing items, which would make them all nasty and tint them weird colors and give them unneeded prefixes.
(11-25-2017, 09:49 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: If it came in the form of materials, tho, it'd mean setting the materials for a lot of clothing items, which would make them all nasty and tint them weird colors and give them unneeded prefixes.

not necessarily actually lol, they're all already made of cloth
(11-26-2017, 11:28 PM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 09:49 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: If it came in the form of materials, tho, it'd mean setting the materials for a lot of clothing items, which would make them all nasty and tint them weird colors and give them unneeded prefixes.

not necessarily actually lol, they're all already made of cloth

I assumed if something had no coloration, prefixes/suffixes in the description, or ability to be reclaimed (not sure if you can't actually do that w/ jumpsuits) it had no materials
The materials system supports suppressing material appearance and name changes for things if it wouldn't make a lot of sense for the material name to always be visible (eg. cotton jumpsuit). The intention is the material name should show up if it's an unusual or infrequent thing for the object in question to be made out of.