Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wiz corruption
I think corruption should just be removed entirely, it is uneeded and I have seen wizards go out of their way for like half an hour just corrupt different parts of the station even though most of the crew is dead and waiting for the shift to end. If it is kept, don't make it a requirement to end the round as a goal for the wizard, instead turn corruption into a buyable spell. If the wizard buys the corruption spell then he has to corrupt certain areas of the station and hold them for a period of time. If he meets the criteria, then he gets a powerful spell that is tough to stop.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I think corruption should just be removed entirely, it is uneeded and I have seen wizards go out of their way for like half an hour just corrupt different parts of the station even though most of the crew is dead and waiting for the shift to end. If it is kept, don't make it a requirement to end the round as a goal for the wizard, instead turn corruption into a buyable spell. If the wizard buys the corruption spell then he has to corrupt certain areas of the station and hold them for a period of time. If he meets the criteria, then he gets a powerful spell that is tough to stop.
I like it
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I think corruption should just be removed entirely, it is uneeded and I have seen wizards go out of their way for like half an hour just corrupt different parts of the station even though most of the crew is dead and waiting for the shift to end. If it is kept, don't make it a requirement to end the round as a goal for the wizard, instead turn corruption into a buyable spell. If the wizard buys the corruption spell then he has to corrupt certain areas of the station and hold them for a period of time. If he meets the criteria, then he gets a powerful spell that is tough to stop.
I like it, but how about this: You order corruption, it's like a surplus crate for wizards, gives you 8 random spells (Never the same ones) on top of your corruption OBJECTIVE that you get for it, it also echos in your chat what spells you get.
That sounds remarkably overpowered, and doesn't fix one of the biggest issues with corruption that people have brought up here.

I mean, a surplus crate is one thing. Traitor items are rarely instant wins in of themselves, and the chances of getting a group of items that synergize well with each other is pretty rare. Every wizard spell is pretty damn good on it's own, and no matter what your playstyle for the round is, there's probably a way for that spell to improve it. Doubling a wizard's spells, even with an additional objective and random picks, increases the power of that wizard exponentially. That's pretty fucking OP.
I once had 8 spells via admin shenanigans. It's insane, you're nearly unstoppable.

I like the sound of it but objectives don't matter, it's not like something horrible and permanent happens to you for failing your objectives so unless there's some kind of strong incentive to complete the objective no one will care. They'll just take it and rampage.

How about this: you can buy Corruption. Corruption takes up a spell slot and lets you pick 4 more spells, but you only get those spells if you can corrupt 40-60% of the station (adjusted for population). I figure if you can corrupt that much of the station with only 3 non-standard spells you deserve to murder everyone.

Or you could just take the simple, easy way out like Frontline suggested: make it so that corrupting whatever % of the station gives you some absurdly powerful combat spell, perhaps something that only works in the corruption.
All the suggestions on page 2 are dumb. Please cease being dumb.

FrontlineAcrobat, I'd appreciate if you played before you posted. Corruption hasn't been an objective for quite a while now.

The rest of you, no, the wizard doesn't need surplus crate. Either come up with something that makes the station gradually become a bad place to be because of corruption (as it makes sense) or something that is so good that it will cure cancer and make Kubius post a good idea.
Marquesas Wrote:All the suggestions on page 2 are dumb. Please cease being dumb.

FrontlineAcrobat, I'd appreciate if you played before you posted. Corruption hasn't been an objective for quite a while now.

The rest of you, no, the wizard doesn't need surplus crate. Either come up with something that makes the station gradually become a bad place to be because of corruption (as it makes sense) or something that is so good that it will cure cancer and make Kubius post a good idea.

I'm bringing it back!

THE WIZARD'S E-MAG.

Mimics! Slithering cable coils! Those stupid flying floor tiles from your Zelda games! Shambling deep friers!

You know, scary shit. crossarms
So essentially you want a spell called "Animate"? That sounds neat.

Animates whatever you're standing on, maybe? Stand on pure tiles, it'll fly off and try hit someone. Stand over a chair, it becomes a mob.
I'm fine with this, though it makes it a bigger problem if the Chaplain dies and is cloned, but has no powers.
im a little curious, how often do folks see wizards winning

the only time I've seen wizards be successful is when they
  • quickly fuck up the captain/hop/hos,
  • the rest of the crew is too apathetic/unorganized to give a shit, and
  • the wiz gets a million laser guns & subverts the AI to their side

not to dismiss the efforts of the truly valiant robusters but wizards could use some buffing, I think

not entirely related but VERY IMPORTANT:
shaving a wizard should remove their magic powers
disabling all wizards this way should count as a crew "victory" akin to having all the living nuke ops in the brig
The problem with buffing the wizard is that he's entirely unfun to fight at the moment. Currently it's a game of sprinting after him, watching him go through a wall, then repeating until he falls on his face from a wet floor or Beepsky or something else dumb.

Rather than have a consistantly dull game of running to where he is for 40 minutes, a buff should make it far more fun for both him and for his potential captors. I've no idea how this would be pulled off though.
I win all the time stealing thermals and a baton, popping empower and then beating people to death from behind walls.

smile
Klayboxx Wrote:I win all the time stealing thermals and a baton, popping empower and then beating people to death from behind walls.

smile

I did something similar hiding in windows with empower and a baton, and Lisi called me a scrub.

I cried irl and felt sad.
Also I can't edit my post, but shaving a wizard does take away his power, it prevents you from casting a lot of spells because you feel to shameful to do so.
Darkchis Wrote:Also I can't edit my post, but shaving a wizard does take away his power, it prevents you from casting a lot of spells because you feel to shameful to do so.

Ever since that change was made Ive attempted it for times, and I've only been successful once. I also changed his name to a random one and integrated him into station life