Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reintroduce Werewolf
I just had a strange thought, this game mode would probably take the least amount of work to implement out of all of the gamemode rework suggestions.

All the other suggestions have massive reworks and otherwise massive work to implement, with huge tangled spell trees or numerous interactions to work out. The werewolf has a small handful of spells (which might actually be a small point of contention in programming.) that only need a few tiny sprites optionally added. Granted, there might be odd hiccups like creating a hidden disease system to allow for the transformation. This is literally on the scale that a non-admin coder could attempt to make a patch for it, though that might be shoving too much onto someone.

I basically really like this concept at the moment.

That said, I think I finally managed to think of the largest problem with the gamemode: Werewolves might rather die than give up their powers. I can think of how much people would actively try to become an antagonist, and how at the same time people are unwilling to give up their antagonist roles. This might cut short a lot of intended madness. This might actually heavily rely on other players attempting to become the werewolf themselves, because otherwise most werewolves will just end up executed before they're willing to give up.
idea: have werewolves and vampires be combined into one type of round instead of both just being thrown in mixed, then things like eat vampire objectives might make more sense
I'll bleed myself and wrap myself up in bandages with some detective swag I stole on the low to become the crappiest Hunter of Beasts in Space Yharnam

Me and a razor blade from the Barber
I mean, yeah. The station is already a blood-drenched hellhole full of paranoid xenophobes and grotesque mutants running wild amidst eldritch horror and cosmic terror. Werewolves just complete the ensemble.
(11-26-2017, 12:02 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: idea: have werewolves and vampires be combined into one type of round instead of both just being thrown in mixed, then things like eat vampire objectives might make more sense

Spooky gamemode.
Except Vampires are still kinda bad and I feel that they'd detract from the fun of the Werewolves.
Spooky mode sounds like a pretty good time I'll be honest
Probably terrible idea for spooky hard mode: MONSTER MASH

Add Ling and wraith for full monster chaos, wireblob optional.
(11-27-2017, 05:09 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Probably terrible idea for spooky hard mode: MONSTER MASH

Add Ling and wraith for full monster chaos, wireblob optional.

I'm down for it.
(11-25-2017, 11:16 PM)Mageziya Wrote: That said, I think I finally managed to think of the largest problem with the gamemode: Werewolves might rather die than give up their powers.

This is true and also one of the worries I'd also share. Look I'm not saying that the OP is something that should be followed to the letter, it can be definitely tweaked.

After some deliberation, there are two ways this can be remedied (preferably both):

1. Make it the objective.
I kind of stated it in the OP that it was the objective to escape as the werewolf OR pass on the disease. Personally upon reflection, I'd rather if the former was "escape as human"

2. Make it so that contact (touching/using powers on a player) inflicts lycanthrophy at a latter stage.
This sounds a bit whack, but hear me out. The spread lycanthrophy power is still there, but it will spread forcefully the longer you stay as a werewolf. This will force werewolves to use this move effectively, or they may de-antag themselves when they have literally no way of escape.

Zewaka Wrote:idea: have werewolves and vampires be combined into one type of round instead of both just being thrown in mixed, then things like eat vampire objectives might make more sense

Sure. But not always. They should appear in mixed as well to keep things fresh. Otherwise things become formulaic, like when there's a blob round with a high pop "oh hey that's one blob, where's the other", it'd be the same, "oh hey there's a vamp, where's the werewolf?". Ya hear me?

Anyway I've done some sprites, i'm quite happy how they turned out, here's a preview:

Transform/Revert
[Image: zVVlCMM.png]
Maul
[Image: kGJsA7j.png]
Howl
[Image: AqJOfUV.png]
Tainted Bite
[Image: Yjhq1eh.png]
God, what's the chances of having the transform button be animated, where the eye blinks and turns into a human eye/beast eye or vice versa
God damn Sundance you never disappoint do you?
i think if you do spawn as the initial werewolf you should be able to choose between two, one version being able to change into wolf form and back again with the drawback being their werewolf form being weaker. maybe have some long built-in quest to power up by consuming gibs and become strong, but still not as strong as form 2. form 2 would be balls to the wall rampage mode, very strong, tough to take down but with the caveat being that you cannot transform back into a human, and that you have to spread the werewolf taint and die as a result

1) overall weaker but can transform back into human, quest to consume gibs and grow stronger (more dmg, higher damage threshold, ability to pry doors open) similar to a vampire but overall still not as powerful as the second form. weakened for a short time similar to how horror lings are when you transform back. also maybe some kind of damage threshold that might force you back into a human to prevent cheesing fights. can spread taint but only through some obtuse method (cutting out their heart and eating it or something, if they are shot with silver bullets this cannot be done)

2) very strong rampager that cannot transform back into a human, will randomly spread werewolf taint to someone else, transformation is fatal and will eventually die.

i think this would be interesting as it would bring more tactility to the antag and overall more choices as to how one could approach the role
hi; this is a good thread and i'm not letting it die
Werewolf would be pretty neat to see, we see them often enough with art beakers and admin gimmicks, I'm wondering when they'll get added back. It seems that they could definitely work, problem is, I feel a lot of people are overlooking the fact that the actual werewolf antag isn't the only thing that would need tweaking or anything like that, if this game mode does get added back maybe the addition of a special time cycle the comes every X minutes and only last Y minutes long, and during these times the werewolf antags would transform into werewolves during these periods of time, but these would probably have to be added to every round, along with this cycle thing, perhaps the addition of crossbows and silver bullets? because I feel a werewolf should be pretty powerful, but REALLY vulnerable to silver objects and weaponry. maybe also make it so the Chaplain could have a crossbow with silver tipped bolts, might make the chaplain a more favorable role to play and may get played more often.

I know that what I just suggested may be a lot, but I feel that would work well if it got worked out and what not, but oh well, I dunno much about the difficulties of coding, programming, spriting, etc. But that's some of my opinion.
Just add them into mixed, it'l be fine.