Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partial blindness.
Way back when, you could blind other players with a screwdriver. It was too easy and all around horrible.

But what if you would blind players one eye at a time. Each blind eye would cover only half the screen, with the blind area rotating according to your character facing.
If the chance of blinding was low enough, it could be another crippling effect, like bleeding, without becoming an instant death sentence. You could still function, maybe even survive if you keep looking all around like a paranoid.
[Image: bIC61Lx.png]

Removing the item embedded in your eye socket could be another surgery. I have sprited some medical clamps, in case.
[Image: ta7yKcn.png]
Oh lord this would be awesome, messing with someone by constantly sticking in their blind spot.

Go up to a wizard and jab his eye in and take off.
Nice, but, I feel sorry for the more clicking-intensive jobs if this is done. Science/Chemistry in particular, or am I the only one who end up with half a dozen beakers lying around halfway through an experiment?
Darth Various Wrote:Nice, but, I feel sorry for the more clicking-intensive jobs if this is done. Science/Chemistry in particular, or am I the only one who end up with half a dozen beakers lying around halfway through an experiment?
What does this have to do with blindness/partial blindness?
Sord213 Wrote:
Darth Various Wrote:Nice, but, I feel sorry for the more clicking-intensive jobs if this is done. Science/Chemistry in particular, or am I the only one who end up with half a dozen beakers lying around halfway through an experiment?

Blocking out half the department. Oh dear I left the beaker in my blind spot, gotta turn. Now the Chemmaster is in my blind spot, gotta turn again. Etc.
Darth Various Wrote:
Sord213 Wrote:

Blocking out half the department. Oh dear I left the beaker in my blind spot, gotta turn. Now the Chemmaster is in my blind spot, gotta turn again. Etc.
That is the point of this suggestion...
I support this, atleast try it out see how well it goes.
I'd prefer this to be diagonal, mostly because you should be able to see ahead of you in a cone anyway. As for behind you, I don't know - make it a whole diagonal line, and assume it's TWO EYES that give you the spectacular ability to see what is behind you.
Marquesas Wrote:I'd prefer this to be diagonal, mostly because you should be able to see ahead of you in a cone anyway. As for behind you, I don't know - make it a whole diagonal line, and assume it's TWO EYES that give you the spectacular ability to see what is behind you.
This seems like a great idea.
Marquesas Wrote:I'd prefer this to be diagonal, mostly because you should be able to see ahead of you in a cone anyway. As for behind you, I don't know - make it a whole diagonal line, and assume it's TWO EYES that give you the spectacular ability to see what is behind you.
Our eyes are on the sides of our head, actually.
Didn't one of the admins already talk about overlays that only take up a piece of the screen? They lag behind your movements, and because of this they are super disorienting. Plus in motion they look like shit.
This is probably not an overlay, with an overlay you can still right click anything under it (although I guess that actually makes sense you are blind not unable to do anything on that side).
Marquesas Wrote:This is probably not an overlay, with an overlay you can still right click anything under it (although I guess that actually makes sense you are blind not unable to do anything on that side).

All things that go over your plain screens are overlays
I always assumed you could see all around you because your player can turn his head. Losing one eye would just mean you would have no depth perception.
Jerkops Wrote:I always assumed you could see all around you because your player can turn his head. Losing one eye would just mean you would have no depth perception.

And how would you propose further flattening the word that is already 2D?
Marquesas Wrote:
Jerkops Wrote:I always assumed you could see all around you because your player can turn his head. Losing one eye would just mean you would have no depth perception.

And how would you propose further flattening the word that is already 2D?
1D obviously.