Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Map Switcher: Discard votes if not enough dudes voted?
Just a random idea I had: in order to prevent map switches against the majority preference (and in the case that the majority somehow completely miss the vote...), how about the vote requires like 1/3 or 1/2 connected players to cast their vote in order for it to count? Could be fairer? I dunno.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
(11-22-2017, 07:03 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Sounds like a good idea to me.
(11-22-2017, 07:16 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 07:03 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Sounds like a good idea to me.
good idea misto
rip being the only guy voting for a map and voting for mushroom frown
I think this is a problem that solves itself: if people care about what map they're playing on, they should vote.

My suggestion would be abstaining from voting should count as a 1/10th of a vote for the current map, or whatever.
its a good idea but the threshold should probably be lower. I don't think I've ever seen even 1/3 of the server vote.
What if it came with a unique noise?  I know I forget about it sometimes.

The same fucking idea you came up with two other threads of yours?  What an original idea, Tech.
I don't really like this idea, if people want the same map why don't they vote for it
I'd say no-vote is a vote for "I really don't care I'll play anywhere and if Dr Floorpills wants to do something specific on a specific map, let their vote count for more". There's nothing wrong with letting the few passionate "I want this map"-ers have their map.
Ok yeah on second thoughts I agree that this isn't really a necessary or useful change. I'm just full of bad ideas!