Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI deploy to shell causes crash
Deploying to shell/cyborg causes the game to crash sometimes. Doesn't seem to be entirely consistent, as Cirral helped me test it a bit and found he could do it while it always crashed for me and another AI player.
Nothing further I can add to this report, sadly. Made myself an AI, deployed to the very same borg, no issue.
Some extra detail, in case it helps. I was not AI from the start, but was made an AI by an admin. It was a cyborg that crashed me, not a shell. I had deployed to it fine one time, but crashed each time after that. I don't know who the other person was last night who had the same issue, only that it was a crash on deploy. I'll run a few tests later today and see if I can hammer down the exact steps to reproduce this.
This happened to me when I was switching between two shells that were in pods, albeit not frequent or specific enough for me to tell what exactly makes it crash as I managed to switch without crashing a couple of times in a row.
It's happening to me too. I can enter the shell sometimes, and other times I crash when I try to deploy.
Came here to confirm this. Note that it doesn't happen the first time I deploy to shell. Not sure if I can deploy to each shell once before crashing or if it's just luck.
A few tests that I hope to run (but would be nice if others have a chance first)

1: It seems to happen the second and after time you deploy. Is this consistent?
2: Does messing with tools/modules have anything to do with it? Does deploying to a borg that picked a module cause the crash? If you dont pick one can you keep deploying without a crash?
3: What happens with 2+ AI Borgs?
4: Is it only borg shells or do AI shells do it too?
(11-25-2017, 09:51 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: 4: Is it only borg shells or do AI shells do it too?

AI shells do it too.
I just ran all those tests and a few various other ones. I could not get this to happen. Its not being made an AI through admin magic, its not anything to do with being in your AI frame or in the magic eye. Selecting modules or equipping items doesnt do it. Its not caused by being out of LOS from AI cameras. Im flat out stumped.
I have a video of how to recreate this DreamSeeker crash if anyone needs it.
That would be great! You can toss it on youtube or something and link it here.
might be related to
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2294466
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/33000
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/33086
Unfortunately it was a video of my entire desktop, with dual audio of mic and game, and we'll , I would really prefer to send it to one person since I'm giggling pretty retarded in it etc. I'll see on IRC/Discord if there an ftp I can drop it.
(11-30-2017, 12:56 PM)TrustScience Wrote: Unfortunately it was a video of my entire desktop, with dual audio of mic and game, and we'll , I would really prefer to send it to one person since I'm giggling pretty retarded in it etc. I'll see on IRC/Discord if there an ftp I can drop it.

send on discord or irc or email pls thx