Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change to pod weaponry/energy usage
A lot of people have complaints about the fact that pods have unlimited weapon usage with no cooldown. An idea I thought of is pretty simple, take the left over energy from the engine and pool that into a weapon energy.

IE if you have 200 max and have used 125 you'd have 75 energy left for weapon usage which would drain and recharge when in use.

Different weapons would have different usages, so something like phasers wouldn't drain that much, drills/lasers would be a medium drain, but syndicate ballistics or artillery would drain a lot of your energy.

Basically what this would do is promote being wise on how quickly you use up your energy in a fight. It would also promote grabbing the higher output/slower engines if you're planning on doing any fighting.

Another idea with that is a more expensive version in the manufacturers/traders that would cost a lot more to obtain, but would use less energy per shot.
yes yes yes

Guns should have the same amount of shots as normal guns, 200/200 shots using 25 each. Don't deduct 50 for twin-lasers, I guess.

Either way it should deduct from the 200, maybe have a [Recharge Guns] option in the tab so you can reload without emptying your shots into a wall. I dunno just have something so there's no more pod gun spam
Weavel Wrote:yes yes yes

Guns should have the same amount of shots as normal guns, 200/200 shots using 25 each. Don't deduct 50 for twin-lasers, I guess.

Either way it should deduct from the 200, maybe have a [Recharge Guns] option in the tab so you can reload without emptying your shots into a wall. I dunno just have something so there's no more pod gun spam
I was thinking something more of "used 125 for basic parts (scanner, life support, comms, weapon in general), have 75 left that recharges similar to the radbow, guns use anywhere from 5-40 per shot. Phasers would be really low and only using like 5, lasers at something like 15-20, shotgun at like 20-30, and the big heavy assault lasers/artillery at like 40-45. It would recharge at a decent rate, but not enough for continuous fire of any of the guns except maybe phasers. So if you had 75 left you could use phasers for a good amount of shots before needing to recharge, but something like lasers you may only get 3/4 shots before needing to wait for it to charge back up.
I like this.

I NEED MORE ENERGY, NOW!! OH GOD.

QUICK, TURN OFF LIFE SUPPORT. DITCH THE SENSORS!

ALL POWER TO FORWARD PHASERS!

AHHHHHH

*explosions*
Drones would likely have to be toned down fairly drastically - unless you want to kite them through space for four hours.