Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
More Advantages to the Walking (Buffs and intent interaction)
Right now, walking is something you can do to avoid most slipping. I was thinking, maybe it could provide additional benefits. One idea I had was to make it work in conjunction with your intent, with the idea that walking means you're being extra careful
  • Help: Instead of being pushed by other people on other intents, the extra carefulness you're taking by walking let's you side step them
  • Disarm: You gain additional percentage chances to blocking attacks and disarming/shoving down an opponent
  • Grab: You automatically start removing items that block a full grab
  • Harm: You gain a higher chance of striking critical hits and doing more stamina damage
These little bonuses could be a nice trade off for the speed that running provides

Another idea was to give walking overall benefits to things that require a bit of RNG luck, like performing surgery or repairing the paint machine

Another option is to make walking stealthy, letting you hide the new actions UI when you do stuff, Maybe even giving your character a kind of proximity based transparency to make you harder to spot.

Or maybe you just have a higher stamina regen rate while walking.
I forget, how fast do you go if you sprint while walking? Cause afaik doesn't that cause some weird cross-interactions
(11-15-2017, 06:38 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I forget, how fast do you go if you sprint while walking? Cause afaik doesn't that cause some weird cross-interactions

I'm not sure if it's the same speed as run sprinting, but it's definitely as fast as if not faster than running, and you still get the no slipping benefit.

You do however, burn stamina up.

It also makes the clown shoes rapidly squeak
I like this, kinda turns the run/walk into a second, over-arching "SuperIntent" of Careful / Reckless
It might be worth looking at letting the game take an average of your last, say, minute or so of gameplay to get an average of your super-intent, kinda like some pseudo heartrate / stamina linked kind of thing. That would stop people from just running around, hotkeying to a walk in a split second and having all the "being careful" bonuses. They should apply to someone who's generally having a chill time, payin attention, bein cautious.
good thing there's no hotkey for walk/run

I like this, walk is only useful for puddles and stuff now. it needs more stuff.
(11-15-2017, 12:25 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I like this, kinda turns the run/walk into a second, over-arching "SuperIntent" of Careful / Reckless
It might be worth looking at letting the game take an average of your last, say, minute or so of gameplay to get an average of your super-intent, kinda like some pseudo heartrate / stamina linked kind of thing. That would stop people from just running around, hotkeying to a walk in a split second and having all the "being careful" bonuses. They should apply to someone who's generally having a chill time, payin attention, bein cautious.

At first I was really skeptical of slowing down combat, but I actually really like this idea. Instead of having two spessmen spamming WASD, flying around each other, while trying to click one another, it'd be more of a cautious duel. But then again, that's only if the bonuses really warrant the disadvantage of walking in the first place.
i like the idea of walking acting as a modifier for more than just slipping. a+
(11-15-2017, 12:25 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I like this, kinda turns the run/walk into a second, over-arching "SuperIntent" of Careful / Reckless

"Super Intent" is definitely what I had in mind, since the change of your walk speed or "Stance" can then modify all the other intents, doubling your actions.

I'd definitely want them to feel situationally beneficial in a way that allows multiple approaches to different situations depending on the player style.
you should be able to safely step over peels and landmines when walking

clown pda howver remains powerful
(11-19-2017, 05:39 AM)misto Wrote: you should be able to safely step over peels and landmines when walking

clown pda howver remains powerful

Not sure about landmines, but this is actually the case.

And this is more about additional benefits other than slipping, broadening the use of walking in general
and safely step over mousetraps

oh yeah. heres a walking advantage i thought of once. switching to walk mode when youre in crit should let you shuffle around for a longer period of time without flopping over because youre walking carefully trying not to hurt yourself more. and you should also lose blood at a slower rate when walking because your heartrate is lower because youre not running around
(11-19-2017, 06:54 AM)misto Wrote: and safely step over mousetraps

oh yeah. heres a walking advantage i thought of once. switching to walk mode when youre in crit should let you shuffle around for a longer period of time without flopping over because youre walking carefully trying not to hurt yourself more. and you should also lose blood at a slower rate when walking because your heartrate is lower because youre not running around

"calm down steve, don't worry about the blood loss, just think nice thoughts"
What if while walking you could do a silly walk just like from monty python that way I can RP as a true monty pyton fan with fish slapping.
(11-19-2017, 12:49 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 06:54 AM)misto Wrote: and safely step over mousetraps

"calm down steve, don't worry about the blood loss, just think nice thoughts"

Nah, I like that. I figure they are walking and moving slower because they're putting pressure on their own wounds to hold em closed