Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Just let me kill him.
you are in fact, this petty. i do agree with you here but dont blame cirrial given you had notes and they didn't see this recording
Yup. Blatant attempted murder should be responded to with a spacing. Part of me thinks that the engineer might have been metabuddies with the boxer that stole your shit.
Edit: Also post this on r/SS13 for maximum drama karma.
Petty or not, I don't really care. I encourage everyone to record their rounds or when incidents happen. Never know what's gonna happen and having a document of what really happen is nothing but a good thing imo.
getting mad at ss13 is like getting mad at a baby for shitting itself
The round is over, man, let it go.
Maybe don't stand around by the crusher when you decide to have a casual chat over the radio next time?
hot dog
good video editing, gave me a cheerful chuckle
hey now I want to see my notes
I think everyone is making fun of the wrong person here.

Yes, this is kind of petty, but I can't 100% blame them for putting this video up in the first place seeing as how his word was doubted for (understandable) reasons, especially since they were told to do that in the first place. I don't feel the admins did the right thing in this situation, but given what was in the video I 100% understand why they did it.

As for "being aware", the person might, and this is a pretty big might, have passed off that he wasn't aware of the person until he went out of his way to keep the man in the disposal belt. After all, you see the entire screen no matter what way you're facing in this game. Not even going into if the man had been an antagonist, he wouldn't have been talked to in the first place, so it's quite obvious he's just being a shitler.

The person in question was clearly kind of shit, and if being petty means assholes don't ruin the game for someone else, I will accept pettiness every so often.

Do gotta agree though. You get flushed to the crusher, the first, FIRST thing you do is get to a safe spot so that stupid shit like this can't happen in the first place.
(11-19-2017, 08:37 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:  I dont blame cirrial given you had notes and they didn't see this recording

Ed Venture Wrote:Petty or not, I don't really care I encourage everyone to record their rounds or when incidents happen. Never know what's gonna happen and having a document of what really happen is nothing but a good thing imo.

Yeah, this is kind of my point. Obviously, this is a petty joke example, because the guy didn't seem to be out to get me after and I ahelped it prior to doing anything. I don't know if he was metacomming or what. Just seemed like some baldie who saw an opportunity to use the crusher on a guy and took a shot at it for laughs, probably without giving it much thought. I have several notes on my account. In any given situation, I'll be a prime suspect, even though I feel completely justified in two out of four of those noted situations. 

I have a note for killing Jay Wolff on cogmap2. I was walking in the hall and saw him punching someone. I stand there, and he punched me. He punches me again, so I throw molten acid in his face. I back up, he comes to punch again, so I douse him again. He realizes he's on the edge of death, so he runs off to medbay. I'm annoyed, so I don't let up. I find him passing out near a medivendor, so I kick him several times and toss him under some flaps, leaving him for dead. That was probably my stupidest kill, and I admit that. I also have a note for using LLJK1 as a test server. Yeah, I'm absolutely guilty of that. When I'm trying to test something without getting assblasted by a wizard, I hole myself up on LLJK1, ignoring others. Nobody informed me of that note either, so I'm not sure how that was supposed to pan out, behavior-wise. (When Cirrial showed me the log today, yes, I noticed that I received the note on the same day that lil chimp bastard got me).

When I had a group of miscreant assistants breaking into sec and shooting officers with lasers, I put them down and borged them. Obvious antag behavior, as miscreants don't try to outright kill officers. Through the chaos and slew of text, it simply came down to me killing non-antag, miscreants, without evidence (minus my dying fellow officers), as far as the admins were aware and concerned. I also performed an implant check on a guy who was caught stealing. I tried applying styptic to stop his bleeding, but the admin told me afterwards that it doesn't work, which was news to me. He almost bled out, but he didn't. While I'm busy getting bwoinked about it, he managed to jump on a segway (I'm damn well certain he was cuffed while doing so, which I don't understand at all). So we have this guy ramming everyone with a segway while others break into sec, doing their usual "shitsec" rebellion routine. So yeah, since he wouldn't stay down even while cuffed, I offed him on the spot. It's why I've taken a step back from playing security as much, for the past few weeks. 

Admins have logs, not omnipresence. Sometimes context isn't quite clear. Record rounds. You might catch something funny, and you might keep yourself from receiving a note/banhammering. And no, I'm not going to post this on r/SS13, lol. I don't think this would get too far. It's not meant to trash admins or stir up controversy around goon, because there's none to be had. It's just a joke video with a valid point (imo).

Technature Wrote: You get flushed to the crusher, the first, FIRST thing you do is get to a safe spot so that stupid shit like this can't happen in the first place.

Yeah, but I was far too busy with more important matters, like trash talking the medical doctors over the radio. There's no real way to cargo slide under the flap once the treads are activated, which is why I've always broken out through the window slot. That was my plan, up until I saw the guy move in on the lever. I had no idea there was a route on the left side, once the shutters were open. TIL and I'm glad I did.
Yeah, we don't see everything, and we're definitely not infallible. When it comes down to things, it's just looking through the logs and asking people about what they really did. Which, as Hikurac has pointed out, isn't always effective and doesn't always present an accurate picture of a situation. Yes, our response was basically "don't kill that guy". I appreciate the video evidence.

Sometimes we add a note just to remind each other to keep an eye out for certain behavior. Like, watch this guy, and see if xyz becomes a pattern for him, or if it was just an anomaly. It's not always we need to talk to this person right now. But like Hikurac did, you totally can ask to see your notes. Preferably on IRC.

LLJK1 is the RP server. The RP rules pop up every round. You can also find them here. For anyone reading, please try to follow them when you're playing on there.

You can quickly hit stand and rest to slide under the flaps and get yourself to a safer part of disposals.

If anyone needs any additional clarification on anything, let me know!
also i personally would have just murdered the dude due to having intense suspicions of him being an antag who tried to kill me, and me being a salty bastard who only lets go of a grudge with the murder of the other party.

if he wasnt antag, he was in the wrong, and from my point of view i had every right to kill him (using this instance as an example btw) and if he was an antag, it was self defense after he tried to do a murder
This is likely just going to get the masses riled up, but self-defense doesn't apply if you hunt someone down and murder them for a perception of them trying to kill you in the past.