Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff you like/dislike from other servers
(11-22-2017, 12:42 PM)Cirrial Wrote: Part of me considers bringing food and drink motives to LLJK2 (that'd give people a reason to care about food and drink) but there'd be riots.

I really like the motive system. It's taking RP and actually giving it an in-game mechanic and purpose. You'll have people drinking at the bar, eating the chefs food, and the bathroom having a purpose beyond just storing bodies, etc. I think implementing it alongside a chef food overhaul would be a great idea.
Thing to add from TG: medical pinpointers, which can tell you where a person is nuke-disk style, and the crew tracker, which gives you a minimap telling you where people are. The latter would be hard to code and a bit janky, but the former seems very useful, albeit a great tool for traitors (but then, they can get a pinpointer anyway, can't they??).
I like antags talking to the crew. Give blobs some form of glub glub talk imo.

When you get RNG'd as "that antag with no form of communication" in a game full of talkative spacemen, well it sucks. With all of the new changes I feel like we could try?? blob talking or having Wrath cooldown for telepathy lowed from 120 seconds to 10 seconds?
Basically give every antag some way to communicate.

The flockmind has cute little chit chat amongst themselves which I hope everyone can hear when its done as well!
(12-05-2017, 01:21 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Thing to add from TG: medical pinpointers, which can tell you where a person is nuke-disk style, and the crew tracker, which gives you a minimap telling you where people are. The latter would be hard to code and a bit janky, but the former seems very useful, albeit a great tool for traitors (but then, they can get a pinpointer anyway, can't they??).

If medical, security, and whatever the third kind of alert is threw up pinpointer beacons to the place they were called in from, that would be pretty cool.
(12-05-2017, 01:37 PM)TrustScience Wrote: I like antags talking to the crew. Give blobs some form of glub glub talk imo.

When you get RNG'd as "that antag with no form of communication" in a game full of talkative spacemen, well it sucks. With all of the new changes I feel like we could try?? blob talking or having Wrath cooldown for telepathy lowed from 120 seconds to 10 seconds?
Basically give every antag some way to communicate.

The flockmind has cute little chit chat amongst themselves which I hope everyone can hear when its done as well!

Idea: make it so that the blob has to build a mouth tile in order to speak with the crew. Unlock it once the blob has placed its second nucleus (because now it has the brainpower to converse). Add as many mouth tiles as you want and have speech radiate from those tiles.
/tg/ mining has bosses, a lot of which are some of the most fun stuff I've done in ss13, the tile based system works very well for dodging and weaving in and out of attacks, in comparison I've only found a few bosses in goon and the VR Drone Colosseum is broken, the syndicate fleet can only be found at certain times, and the other bosses you can find are pretty underwhelming either being dodging one attack every few seconds or just enemy spam.

/tg/ also has mining dead roles which i thought was a pretty clever way to put you back into the round without you being anyway near the station and having to build from the ground up. I wouldn't mind VR being our way to get back into the round but not much to do there and the only thing I think would interest me is broken (Colosseum), as of now I'd rather just hop onto another server.

I also felt like /tg/ mining nicely brought together a lot of jobs on the station, I got to talk to science and upgrade all my stuff, I could make mechs and talk to all the people on lavaland if I could find their set pieces. Science could upgrade a lot of stuff but not easily without lavaland ores. Lavaland was deadly as hell so it never felt like a cakewalk, it always feels like you can fall in a pit and instantly die or get murdered by a two ton beast if you aren't careful enough.

Most of the merit from it was how they handled dead roles, you never want to leave the server if you can continue playing and it's obvious where you can go to continue playing. It'd probably help new players stay on longer to learn rather than die like an idiot in the first few seconds and then just leave. They are a little out of the way but I think being able to respawn was one of the things that made my friends want to keep playing ss13 rather than get bored. It's basically just an easier way to learn mechanics for new players and also help old players not get bored while waiting for the round to end.

Also /tg/ just has way more weapons and items I felt like, while goon has more mechanics and actions.
(12-10-2017, 07:31 AM)Whoneedspacee Wrote: /tg/ mining has bosses, a lot of which are some of the most fun stuff I've done in ss13, the tile based system works very well for dodging and weaving in and out of attacks, in comparison I've only found a few bosses in goon and the VR Drone Colosseum is broken, the syndicate fleet can only be found at certain times, and the other bosses you can find are pretty underwhelming either being dodging one attack every few seconds or just enemy spam.

/tg/ also has mining dead roles which i thought was a pretty clever way to put you back into the round without you being anyway near the station and having to build from the ground up. I wouldn't mind VR being our way to get back into the round but not much to do there and the only thing I think would interest me is broken (Colosseum), as of now I'd rather just hop onto another server.

I also felt like /tg/ mining nicely brought together a lot of jobs on the station, I got to talk to science and upgrade all my stuff, I could make mechs and talk to all the people on lavaland if I could find their set pieces. Science could upgrade a lot of stuff but not easily without lavaland ores. Lavaland was deadly as hell so it never felt like a cakewalk, it always feels like you can fall in a pit and instantly die or get murdered by a two ton beast if you aren't careful enough.

Most of the merit from it was how they handled dead roles, you never want to leave the server if you can continue playing and it's obvious where you can go to continue playing. It'd probably help new players stay on longer to learn rather than die like an idiot in the first few seconds and then just leave. They are a little out of the way but I think being able to respawn was one of the things that made my friends want to keep playing ss13 rather than get bored. It's basically just an easier way to learn mechanics for new players and also help old players not get bored while waiting for the round to end.

Also /tg/ just has way more weapons and items I felt like, while goon has more mechanics and actions.

imo convert the mining magnet into a device that fills the magnet field with a giant terrifying portal to hellworld
so you can fly pods through it n such
(12-10-2017, 12:16 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 07:31 AM)Whoneedspacee Wrote: /tg/ mining has bosses, a lot of which are some of the most fun stuff I've done in ss13, the tile based system works very well for dodging and weaving in and out of attacks, in comparison I've only found a few bosses in goon and the VR Drone Colosseum is broken, the syndicate fleet can only be found at certain times, and the other bosses you can find are pretty underwhelming either being dodging one attack every few seconds or just enemy spam.

imo convert the mining magnet into a device that fills the magnet field with a giant terrifying portal to hellworld
so you can fly pods through it n such

I think some more pod content would be great, feel like it's untapped potential.
Pods are mostly transport thanks to the rectilinear movement system lack of newtonian physics. Ever seen a large pod battle? It's pretty dull: strafe, shoot, strafe, shoot, run, run, strafe, shoot, etc.

Anyways, lots of people seem to want some place to go where they can just fight big bad things without having to bother with telsci or SECRET!! stuffs.
(12-10-2017, 10:04 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Pods are mostly transport thanks to the rectilinear movement system lack of newtonian physics. Ever seen a large pod battle? It's pretty dull: strafe, shoot, strafe, shoot, run, run, strafe, shoot, etc.

Anyways, lots of people seem to want some place to go where they can just fight big bad things without having to bother with telsci or SECRET!! stuffs.

if the pod thunderdome and critter gauntlet are ever fixed to actually be usable i'm sure people will love that
tg has a dwarf fortress sim and it's pretty fun
(12-10-2017, 11:05 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: if the pod thunderdome and critter gauntlet are ever fixed to actually be usable i'm sure people will love that

Those were empty most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I loved having those around. It's just that I was always the only one barring me spending 10 minutes to round up like 2 more people. The problem with those (and vr in general) were lack of impetus (rewards, reasons) and the fact that playing the main game is (rightfully) more fun.

That gets mostly solved with letting ghosts in and, maybe, giving spacebux rewards for good performance.
(12-10-2017, 10:04 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Pods are mostly transport thanks to the rectilinear movement system lack of newtonian physics. Ever seen a large pod battle? It's pretty dull: strafe, shoot, strafe, shoot, run, run, strafe, shoot, etc.

Telesci has shite bosses imo.
(12-11-2017, 02:32 PM)Whoneedspacee Wrote: Telesci has shite bosses imo.

Even Lava Moon?
(12-11-2017, 03:29 PM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 02:32 PM)Whoneedspacee Wrote: Telesci has shite bosses imo.

Even Lava Moon?

that's the big robot circle right? i've never done that myself, but to my knowledge it's ridiculously hard unless you stop the little robots from spawning, at which point it's ridiculously easy