Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pods should have headlights
This is hard to look for doors or anything when there's no light at all in space, and it doesn't make sense for pods not to have this.

See

[Image: 1511088009-ixz1f.png]
Perhaps it could even be expanded with sec/med huds or masons
good idea haprenti
Yeeee
Cool idea, pod lights need podlight oil to keep lit.
perhaps a spriter should attach a lantern to the side of it or those yellow pixels in the center
codewise, this might prove very difficult
wasnt this suggested a while back and rejected due to coding/light lag reasons? hence why the pod door buttons being lit up was added
Idea: instead of headlights, let pods drop flares, which stay put and provide light before burning out and disappearing
Weren't space tiles supposed to have an ambient light level or something, or did that change when the new lighting system was added?
(11-20-2017, 03:15 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Idea: instead of headlights, let pods drop flares, which stay put and provide light before burning out and disappearing

On that note it could be cool if there were bait flares which draw drones to them.
I dont quite understand why they cant just behave like flashlights
(11-22-2017, 08:28 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I dont quite understand why they cant just behave like flashlights

Yeah, if it is a technical limitation then find a compromise.
(01-28-2018, 08:10 AM)Tombi Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 08:28 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I dont quite understand why they cant just behave like flashlights

If it can't be done, make it do-able. Logic
(01-28-2018, 10:33 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:

They meant if the technical limitation was making actual headlights, ie, a vision cone but for light.
(01-28-2018, 11:42 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 10:33 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:

They meant if the technical limitation was making actual headlights, ie, a vision cone but for light.

yeah exactly, light occlusion is hyper ressource intensive, but just flashlighting in a circle is good enough. Why wouldn't a pod have some sort of lighting all-around it?