Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dreaming in Goonstation.
It also makes the logs easy to share if you want to server advertise. Side benefit of text game.
(11-12-2017, 07:10 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Writing a bunch of mini scenarios would be a good way to go about it then randomly pick one. You could probably draw from round stuff to determine characters and scenario pools. Like, having a blob active increases chances for a Blob dream being chosen.

Some dreams could have clues about how to do things in adventure zones, making them prophetic

And hell, we already have a system in place in game that would work well for this. The computers in game have text and a means to enter prompts and have branching paths

We could do something like this. Maybe 6 or so mini text adventures. This would be the easiest way of doing it, but we need writers to come up with ideas for each dream. If someone is out to kill you, there will be a larger chance of having a nightmare. 3 normal dreams and 3 nightmares. We could even spoof actual text adventures and use references to the dreaded grue.
We should come up with a few key verbs we want to use for these so if people write them up we'll all be working with the same building blocks

I got a couple scenario ideas, based around giving hints to hidden features
  • Solutions to adventure zone levels
  • Mixing chemicals to come up with hidden chems
  • Cooking food to come up with recipes
I'd like them to feel surreal and symbolic, with the answers not quite given but hidden in subtext.

Kinda like the real life story of the guy that designed the needle for sewing machines based on a dream he had where he was being cooked alive by a Tyrone of people armed with spears in the shape of the needle he invented
Could have some great combinations with drug use
Just for comparison's sakes and no other, currently tgstation has dreams that are basically just little concept messages like "an ID" or "falling" or "warmth" spat out into your chat while you're unconscious.

I bring this up because I realise a lot of goon players (and staff!) might not have direct experience with other servers at all.