Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Casual conversation thread, post whatever. (Number 14 woo)
Nearly spilled my coffee at the "open casket funeral option" part. It's true though, this could save your life if you're lucky.
| || || |_
It makes me sad that I didn't even have to google that to know what it is.

Oooh! Brownies are done. Goodbye internet.
I've been looking for a new job and today I had a interview at 6p. Showed up at 5:45, got there and they gave me an application to fill out where I regurgitated the same info they should already have from my online application. Turn that in and am told to wait. Overhear the guy that was supposed to interview me isn't in. It's been 45 minutes since I got there. Someone comes up and talks to me for about 30 seconds, asking me some basic questions. Asks me to wait longer while she gets someone for a 2nd interview. Wait another 15 minutes and she comes back and is like "No one is in. Come back tomorrow at the same time"

I really, really, despise the job search process.
Need an entry level job? All you need is 2 years experience and a master's in the field and you, too, can flip burgers with the best of them!! Preferable applicant age range: 18-20.

Egh. Good luck.
(02-05-2018, 07:00 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've been looking for a new job and today I had a interview at 6p. Showed up at 5:45, got there and they gave me an application to fill out where I regurgitated the same info they should already have from my online application.  Turn that in and am told to wait. Overhear the guy that was supposed to interview me isn't in. It's been 45 minutes since I got there. Someone comes up and talks to me for about 30 seconds, asking me some basic questions. Asks me to wait longer while she gets someone for a 2nd interview. Wait another 15 minutes and she comes back and is like "No one is in. Come back tomorrow at the same time"

what're you applying for ?
(02-05-2018, 03:21 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: | || || |_

gOD DAMN IT...
(02-06-2018, 12:20 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 07:00 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've been looking for a new job and today I had a interview at 6p. Showed up at 5:45, got there and they gave me an application to fill out where I regurgitated the same info they should already have from my online application.  Turn that in and am told to wait. Overhear the guy that was supposed to interview me isn't in. It's been 45 minutes since I got there. Someone comes up and talks to me for about 30 seconds, asking me some basic questions. Asks me to wait longer while she gets someone for a 2nd interview. Wait another 15 minutes and she comes back and is like "No one is in. Come back tomorrow at the same time"

what're you applying for ?

A lot of things at different places, but this one happened to be installation of home theater systems for an electronics retail store.

Thought maybe my bullshit video and audio production degree might be applicable
Fun Fact: There used to be fun snail facts.
Looking at goonhub has made me inordinately fascinated with trunkmap. I distinctly remember admins saying at one point that it isn't devstation, though it has clear resemblances to devstation, and some people have said that is apparently related to some early tgcode maps like boxstation. It generally looks unfinished, and the longer I look at it, the more anomalies I discover. There are some obvious ones, like how the map has a large room full of gas tanks and mixing chambers, security has it's own off-station outpost, and there is what appears to be a derelict version of Research Outpost Zeta to the northeast of the station, but there are more subtle anomalies as well. The cafeteria and bar are separate rooms. There is a large empty room south of toxins connected to the station by a mass driver that I can only assume is a bomb testing range. There is a NASSA suit and helmet just lying on the floor in an otherwise empty room by the courthouse. The RD's room has a blob chunk, a piece of kudzu, a nuke, and a pre-made TTV bomb. Some rooms, such as the brig, chemistry, the RD's office, and the engine control room have weird forcefield-looking things in place of or in addition to airlocks. The monkeys, instead of being in their normal departments, are scattered around. Krimpus is in atmospherics, Ms. Muggles is in engineering, Albert is in the chapel, Mr. Rathen is in some sort of conference room by escape, and Mr. Muggles is actually in his usual location. Like mushroom, there is no arrivals shuttle and there are teleport pads scattered throughout the map. There are some areas in maintenance with visible wires that don't seem to lead to anything, and in engineering some emitters and field generators don't appear to be wired by default. In the security outpost there is a tiny room with a command-colored door containing some sort of strange machine I have never seen anywhere else. I am sure there are more anomalies, but I am getting tired of typing. What the hell IS Trunkmap anyway?
The RD used to start with a TTV for a long time and I actually kinda forgot that he did.
Can you still blow up the sing?
(02-23-2018, 05:33 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Can you still blow up the sing?
Yup, blew it up the last time someone set it loose on the station. Think it requires at least a TTV-sized explosion or so, though.
Happy Birthday, [HIDDEN] !
how the fuck did the second cheget key take until the leak to find