Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Casual conversation thread, post whatever. (Number 14 woo)
It's great fun if you're not overly concerned with cheese nullification. It finally updated too, but I couldn't tell you what's new since it's been too long.

It's definitely more chaotic since casus belli are more relaxed. It allows for broader dynasty building with all the whacky-ness you'd expect from TES level beings. The guy I showed earlier was a cheese character to test things out.

Having used legendary magic to rid him of his shortcomings, he's now an amazingly beautiful, strong, and incredible sounding immortal-little-person (because you can't remove dwarfism and it's hilarious) Archmage leading an army of daedra in a mission to unite High Rock because he got tired of local warlords warlording.
YOUTUBE HAS REMOVED THE ORIGINAL SCOTLAND FOREVER SONG

RIOT
(07-18-2018, 12:13 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: YOUTUBE HAS REMOVED THE ORIGINAL SCOTLAND FOREVER SONG

RIOT

lucky for me, I dubbed it onto a cassette tape 5 years ago "just in case"
I was reminiscing about the game Ace of Spades, so I looked into it and found people are still playing the old free version of it. Joined a server and got banned after about 20 minutes of play because someone voted for it after not being able to hit me with their aimbot I guess?
Sounds about right.
Quote:Ace of Spades

Ah man, I remember looking at pictures on how to properly pillbox back in the day. That was rad.
The funniest thing to me is there are servers running Counterstrike maps
noooo they removed the best song in the world
speaking of youtube, has the related/recommended video sidebar thing been utter shit for anyone else recently? Used to think it was pretty useful when binging specific youtubers or listening to music outside a playlist, but now it might give me one or two actually related videos and then a bunch of bullshit (including those creepy kids videos with millions of views)
It's always been shit. That's why videos of people with no personality doing something thousands of people already did can get millions of views in a matter of days.
I mean, yeah, but not THIS shit. It used to be a lot more insular than this i feel, in that a song's sidebar might be all stuff from the same ost/band/uploader, letsplays would all be stuff from that particular person or strongly related people, et cetera

at least, i never got this massive influx of kids videos before and friends also report similar experiences recently so i feel something is up
If that's the case, have you tried the 'not interested' button? It's under the three-dot menu thing. At least I think that's in non-styled 'tube.

It works-ish. Sucks you have to use it, but better than nothin'.
(07-20-2018, 05:34 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: speaking of youtube, has the related/recommended video sidebar thing been utter shit for anyone else recently? Used to think it was pretty useful when binging specific youtubers or listening to music outside a playlist, but now it might give me one or two actually related videos and then a bunch of bullshit (including those creepy kids videos with millions of views)

I can attest I'm having a similar experience. Sometimes, they were sort of appropriate (a Fortnite "quiz" when I'm looking at RotMG montages? They're both video games, so I guess they're sort of related), many times not so much (A Fortnite tutorial when I'm looking at horror short films? One of those stupid "try not to laugh" compilations when I'm watching Darkest Dungeon playthroughs? Idiotic.)

I'll definitely be looking into the not-interested thing, though I'm not sure how much it'll help seeing as I usually browse in private tabs.
Every time it shows me Family Guy garbage I yell at youtube that it should know me better by now.

Good god, I don't want to see the Whale scene, what the actual fuck is wrong with you youtube?
It ain't all bad. It kept referring me to retro-infotainment, which is now something I seek out on occasion. Today's educational videos tend to be wordy, superficial and overproduced by comparison. Especially with the forced humor.

No, seriously - stop with the forced humor. Marvel pulls it off, you do not.