Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Make detectives start with a loyalty implant
Heads of staff can't join gangs, it says you have too much responsibility if you try to join.

Loyalty implants don't stop you from being an antag or mindslaved, their only purpose is to reverse the revolutionary brainwashing and protect against it going forward.

Besides i'm pretty sure security officers not being able to be antags and heads of staff not being able to join gangs or be brainwashed by revs is built into the game modes, they don't start implanted themselves.
(11-17-2017, 09:21 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Heads of staff can't join gangs, it says you have too much responsibility if you try to join.
I have had a round where the captain was a roundstart gang leader. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but coders may want to look into that if the heads of staff are not supposed to be gangsters.

As for your other points, though I would like it, the intent of this thread is NOT to make detectives unable to be antagonists and/or immune to mindslaves, the intent is to make detectives unable to be rev converted. I just brought up the heads of staff because muh lore.
I think the captain being capable of being a gang leader is possible logic wise. Joining a gang doesn't make sense because they're essentially demoting themselves (same with the other heads).

That being said, making Heads of Staff being unable to be gang leaders could make sense logic wise, and if it were changed that way I wouldn't be against it.
(11-17-2017, 09:43 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 09:21 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
I have had a round where the captain was a roundstart gang leader. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but coders may want to look into that if the heads of staff are not supposed to be gangsters.

As for your other points, though I would like it, the intent of this thread is NOT to make detectives unable to be antagonists and/or immune to mindslaves, the intent is to make detectives unable to be rev converted. I just brought up the heads of staff because muh lore.

Yes. I was answering some questions asked earlier in the thread, and suggesting that it might be simpler to make detectives immune to revolutionary brainwashing in the same way heads of staff and security are. Not to make antags unable to roll detective as a job.

I've seen the detective himself be chosen as a gang leader and spawn his locker in the security lobby, which went about as well as you'd expect.
(11-19-2017, 09:04 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 09:43 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I have had a round where the captain was a roundstart gang leader. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but coders may want to look into that if the heads of staff are not supposed to be gangsters.

As for your other points, though I would like it, the intent of this thread is NOT to make detectives unable to be antagonists and/or immune to mindslaves, the intent is to make detectives unable to be rev converted. I just brought up the heads of staff because muh lore.

Yes. I was answering some questions asked earlier in the thread, and suggesting that it might be simpler to make detectives immune to revolutionary brainwashing in the same way heads of staff and security are. Not to make antags unable to roll detective as a job.

I've seen the detective himself be chosen as a gang leader and spawn his locker in the security lobby, which went about as well as you'd expect.

Why the fuck would you spawn your locker in the one place anybody who wants to join a bad guy team wouldn't want to go?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
i once blocked the entrance to sec with my gang locker, that went pretty well
Okay, now that one DOES make sense.
give detective 50% chance of having loyalty implant. thus, he will be BY THE BOOK if loyalty implanted, or LOOSE CANNON if not