Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Make detectives start with a loyalty implant
It just doesn't bode well to have a role with security access and a gun able to be converted by revs.
absolutely not
if loyalty prevents against mindslaves (i forget) then imo bad idea
(11-16-2017, 08:37 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: if loyalty prevents against mindslaves (i forget) then imo bad idea

Loyalty implants only protect against rev conversion. Ever mindslaved the hos?
(11-16-2017, 09:00 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 08:37 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: if loyalty prevents against mindslaves (i forget) then imo bad idea

Loyalty implants only protect against rev conversion. Ever mindslaved the hos?

Hos mindslaved are a horrifying thing. Also I think loyalty implants should only be in players who cannot be traitors. Thus the detective would not get one.
(11-16-2017, 09:09 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Also I think loyalty implants should only be in players who cannot be traitors. Thus the detective would not get one.
Counterarguement: The heads of staff

Also detectives shouldn't be able to be traitors in the first place imo.
I'm pretty strongly for Detectives being the loose cannons they are, so making them not eligible for traitoring is a no from me
(11-16-2017, 05:00 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'm pretty strongly for Detectives being the loose cannons they are, so making them not eligible for traitoring is a no from me

That is why I put "make it so detectives cannot be traitors" in the questionable ideas thread and made this thread about loyalty implants. Then again, I was the one who sidetracked this thread in the first place, so who am I to complain.
I guess I can get them not being in Revs or Gang's, though.

The Detective works best alone
(11-16-2017, 12:16 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 09:09 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Also I think loyalty implants should only be in players who cannot be traitors. Thus the detective would not get one.
Counterarguement: The heads of staff

Also detectives shouldn't be able to be traitors in the first place imo.

Yeah, I agree. Not a fan of an antag having immediate access to guns, security gear, and security records, along with being the designated person who's sole responsibility is discovering who's the antag. I don't really care about the captain, as I always expect him to be incompetent or dead anyway, but I'd at least like to extend my trust to members of security. I imagine most people are against it though, or simply don't care to change it.
What I would be for is getting rid of the Detective's access to Security

Maybe even change their security records to a different system disconnected from updating statuses. More like their own private files. Maybe those have extra information for case building?
I thought they lost sec access ages ago. Like, back when they were moved on cog1. Guess that shows how much I play sec.

I see three main classes in SS13: Civilian, Security, and Command. The detective has the amenities of security with the freedom of a civilian. While it's not quite Captain level, it's Comdom index is quite impressive. There's a fine line between zany loose-cannon and insufferable shitlorde that most can't grasp.

Not making a case for change. I'm just sad that one of the (potentially) most social jobs on the station is one of the jobs that people want to interact with the least.
Detective's CAN join gangs IIRC.
(11-17-2017, 01:45 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Detective's CAN join gangs IIRC.

As far as I am aware security officers and the HOS are the only crew who cannot join gangs. Loyalty implants don't stop you from joining, and all the head of staff sans the hos are able to join a gang.
I think it might be neat if detective was loyalty implanted but had a slight chance of being implantless
Because he's a loose cannon.