Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things To Buy With Spacebux
(11-15-2017, 08:28 PM)Hikurac Wrote:
Technature Wrote:And then the captain/HoP stole the station funds and blew up every bank computer every god damn round.

Except there's no need. Given the amount of funds already at their disposal each shift, the end result would be no different than now. They can already rob the crew of funds and buy whatever they want, on a round-to-round basis. There's nothing stopping the captain or HoP from achieving incredible wealth each round, but rarely do they bother. It's also a great way to get lynched.
Quote:Imo, I wish credits on your account persisted as well, but I imagine that would be a balancing headache.
This is more in response to this than anything else.  Yeah, nothing's stopping them from robbing the station now, but they don't get a persistent reward for it.  Throw that in and I guarantee it will happen much more often.
(11-15-2017, 08:52 PM)Technature Wrote:
Quote:Imo, I wish credits on your account persisted as well, but I imagine that would be a balancing headache.
This is more in response to this than anything else.  Yeah, nothing's stopping them from robbing the station now, but they don't get a persistent reward for it.  Throw that in and I guarantee it will happen much more often.

Yeah, that's true. I don't know if people will actually try to attain that much wealth for long, because they'll go through the cycle of losing it so often, but I imagine you'd have people signing up as HoP just give it a shot.
I steal the station's budget all the time. Reward me and I will still steal your money and then vanish into space
add rewards for optional objectives and also add optional objectives to all jobs including idk some generic all-jobs ones

SPACEBUX rewards
(fyi: Space credits = in-game currency, Spacebux = OOC MBC currency)

Really should note this in a seperate thread, but as a proponent for in-game space credits and things to buy, I very much disagree with tieing in spacebux with the system, and also disagree with space credits carrying onto the next round.

We've trivialized in-game currency, made it no better than toilet paper, making low worth items (vending machine stuff, etc) trivially low in price, and high worth items (Voltron, etc) extremely high, to the point where the method of getting it is through unbalanced means.

Unbalanced includes stealing the budget. I hate that one person with correct access can waltz up to the banking computer and rob the station blind. But nobody really cares, because of:

A) the above
B) there's not much to buy in the medium range (2000-3000+ credits)

Space credits needs an overhaul. Unlike other systems that received overhauls, space credits are a secondary system, not important to the game, so overhauling it the net value of it can only be positive. What does that entail? That's a matter for another thread. My point is tieing in space credits with space bux when space credits in their current form are completely unbalanced is a fucking terrible idea.
Back onto the original point of the thread, I think being able to be a critter at will would be massively annoying to play with and horrible to balance
(11-17-2017, 06:13 AM)Sundance Wrote: (fyi: Space credits = in-game currency, Spacebux = OOC MBC currency)

Really should note this in a seperate thread, but as a proponent for in-game space credits and things to buy, I very much disagree with tieing in spacebux with the system, and also disagree with space credits carrying onto the next round.

We've trivialized in-game currency, made it no better than toilet paper, making low worth items (vending machine stuff, etc) trivially low in price, and high worth items (Voltron, etc) extremely high, to the point where the method of getting it is through unbalanced means.

Unbalanced includes stealing the budget. I hate that one person with correct access can waltz up to the banking computer and rob the station blind. But nobody really cares, because of:

A) the above
B) there's not much to buy in the medium range (2000-3000+ credits)

Space credits needs an overhaul. Unlike other systems that received overhauls, space credits are a secondary system, not important to the game, so overhauling it the net value of it can only be positive. What does that entail? That's a matter for another thread. My point is tieing in space credits with space bux when space credits in their current form are completely unbalanced is a fucking terrible idea.

Agreed and tbh I'd rather be talking about credits over spacebux
Different colored clown suits.
(11-17-2017, 10:16 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Different colored clown suits.

Bluwne suits and uncursed cluwne suits.
(11-17-2017, 06:13 AM)Sundance Wrote: My point is tieing in space credits with space bux when space credits in their current form are completely unbalanced is a fucking terrible idea.

That has nothing to do with what I was saying. Although, I don't really feel like talking about credits in a space bux thread, any longer.
(11-17-2017, 12:22 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:

I rather it be new colors. Blue Clown outfit is already easy to find and cluwne already exist. I want to make a clown rainbow damn it.
(11-18-2017, 07:51 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 12:22 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:

I rather it be new colors. Blue Clown outfit is already easy to find and cluwne already exist. I want to make a clown rainbow damn it.

brown clowns. clauns.
i'd argue that bluwne is easy to get but there's only one, but no one ever touches the outfit so

completely pink clown please. plown
(11-18-2017, 08:45 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i'd argue that bluwne is easy to get but there's only one, but no one ever touches the outfit so

I get the blue clown suit all the time. I was the only person who wanted it back so I go out of my way to get it when I can.
You can now be a purple, pink, or yellow clown!