Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things To Buy With Spacebux
Hi Spacebux is a neat idea so this here thread is for suggesting things to buy with it.

My idea is that you should be able to pay to start the next round as a random critter instead of a crewman! You can adopt a tiered system so you can pay more to have a chance at being a better critter.

Cube tier ($512) - Equal chance of starting as a meatcube or a robocube.
Junk Critter ($1000) - Cockroaches, Slugs, Snails, Butterflies, anything else that can't really do much of anything.
Standard Critter ($5000) - Raccoons, Cats, Dogs, Birds, anything that can hold only a few items. Your "standard" critters.
Spooky tier ($6666) - Floating eyeballs, whatever else is weird and irregular but also not really dangerous.
Spider tier ($8888) - Bumblespiders, regular spiders, icespiders, cluwne and clown spiders, macho spiders.
Bee tier ($10000) - Space bees, space carpenter bees, zombees, or if you're lucky, a queen bee.
Danger tier ($25000) - Bears, lions, maneaters, yetis, anything that can easily cause harm to the crew. I'll leave it up to the admins whether this also buys you a pass to be aggressive (but I would think probably not).
Bee tier is below danger tier.

Terrible idea.

Never implement.

Maybe I don't know seems like one of those things to implement before we know.
$420 - Start the round as a cluwne.
A PONY
large veto on the bee tier, mild uncertainty for being able to start as a critter in general
Not a fan. I'm of the belief that spacebux should only get you cosmetic features (probably why there's no monkey option, unfortunately) or nonessential items.
it seems like being able to buy powergamey critters isnt a good idea frown
other than that, is there a spacebux option for the owl suit? sometimes you just need to be an owl
Yeah, after having a few days to think, I kinda don't want this.

Maybe Junk Critter and below, but anything else is kinda no.

Even if they can't be antags, a player controlled yeti can fuck a bad guy over without warning pretty hard.
foreign exchange: turn your spacebux into credits either pre-round or mid-round. credits are hardly that useful anyway, so there's not much of an OP factor
LOOT CRATES

RANDOM SPACEBUX REWARD
YOU COULD GET NO LIMBS FOR AS CHEAP AS 1000 BUX!!!!
(or you could get a crayon lol)

IT TOTALLY WON'T BE WEIGHTED TOWARDS CRAYONS!
(11-15-2017, 04:12 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: LOOT CRATES

RANDOM SPACEBUX REWARD
YOU COULD GET NO LIMBS FOR AS CHEAP AS 1000 BUX!!!!
(or you could get a crayon lol)

IT TOTALLY WON'T BE WEIGHTED TOWARDS CRAYONS!

Buy keys to unlock the crates

Get hats with particle effects
(11-15-2017, 11:52 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: foreign exchange: turn your spacebux into credits either pre-round or mid-round. credits are hardly that useful anyway, so there's not much of an OP factor

Imo, I wish credits on your account persisted as well, but I imagine that would be a balancing headache.
(11-15-2017, 04:56 PM)Hikurac Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 11:52 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: foreign exchange: turn your spacebux into credits either pre-round or mid-round. credits are hardly that useful anyway, so there's not much of an OP factor

Imo, I wish credits on your account persisted as well, but I imagine that would be a balancing headache.

And then the captain/HoP stole the station funds and blew up every bank computer every god damn round.
(11-15-2017, 07:00 PM)Technature Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 04:56 PM)Hikurac Wrote:

And then the captain/HoP stole the station funds and blew up every bank computer every god damn round.

And then every antag round they immediately stole barkley's basketball, bought a plutonium core from a debris field merchant, and chaos dunked medbay.
Technature Wrote:And then the captain/HoP stole the station funds and blew up every bank computer every god damn round.

Except there's no need. Given the amount of funds already at their disposal each shift, the end result would be no different than now. They can already rob the crew of funds and buy whatever they want, on a round-to-round basis. There's nothing stopping the captain or HoP from achieving incredible wealth each round, but rarely do they bother. It's also a great way to get lynched.

Lord Birb Wrote:And then every antag round they immediately stole barkley's basketball, bought a plutonium core from a debris field merchant, and chaos dunked medbay.

Sounds like something that could very easily be tweaked.

I'm not making a super serious suggestion, but my point is that it's kinda silly that the game is based around a corrupt megacorp, yet money has so little value in-game. People will obviously try to hoard cash in the beginning, but it's largely a fruitless effort, from a long-term perspective. Whether it's Centcomm charging you for not clocking out (making it to Central), the HoP draining the bank, or just someone jacking your money in general, you WILL lose that credit. It's mainly just so players possibly have a fluctuation in wealth that differs from round-to-round, allowing them to buy more expensive things some rounds, without having to grind for it at the gambling machine. You won't see millionaires who play consistently and keep their money for several days at a time. I don't expect this to be implemented, but I just hope that maybe someday, someone will attempt it.