Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hop and Captain traitor items thread
As far as I am aware, the hop and captain are the only roles capable of being antagonists with no job-specific traitor items. This thread aims to fix that.
This is mostly just so random people can throw ideas around, but I have some ideas of my own.

Captain-Specific: Glove Gun. Ever watched Inglorious Bastards? Remember that scene with the gun glove? That gun was a real thing issued to navy captains, with the intention being that if their ship was boarded, they could put on the glove, fake surrender, then when the enemy officer approached, they could punch them in the face(hence why this is a captain-specific item). In-game, it would basically be an alternate the the derringer, being more difficult to conceal and only having one shot compared to two, but being able to be used faster thanks to not needing to be drawn. It would be able to be attached to any pair of gloves, appearing as a few dark pixels on whatever glove you put it on, and would go off when you hit someone with harm intent empty-handed, dealing the same damage as a derringer.

Hop-Specific: Bioterror sponge capsules. Like the biotoys capsules you can get from QM right now, but instead of spawning harmless critters, it spawns horrible monsters like wendingos, yetis, and space bears.
(11-12-2017, 12:29 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: As far as I am aware, the hop and captain are the only roles capable of being antagonists with no job-specific traitor items. This thread aims to fix that.
This is mostly just so random people can throw ideas around, but I have some ideas of my own.
[...]
Hop-Specific: Bioterror sponge capsules. Like the biotoys capsules you can get from QM right now, but instead of spawning harmless critters, it spawns horrible monsters like wendingos, yetis, and space bears.
hop-specific: assistant sponge capsules that use robust ai. just fill the halls with generic (think admin default spawn) assistants with a thirst for chaos and blood
(11-12-2017, 12:41 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 12:29 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: As far as I am aware, the hop and captain are the only roles capable of being antagonists with no job-specific traitor items. This thread aims to fix that.
[...]
hop-specific: assistant sponge capsules that use robust ai. just fill the halls with generic (think admin default spawn) assistants with a thirst for chaos and blood

Oh Oh OH!

A grenade that spawns 5 of this with water.

Balance, they aren't friendly to their user either, so when you accidentally come back they start beating the shit out of you.
An implant that dissolves in the hops body that allows him to have access without an ID.
(11-12-2017, 01:51 PM)Sundance Wrote: An implant that dissolves in the hops body that allows him to have access without an ID.

This is already a thing, kind of; hacking into the HoP manufacturer lets you make access implants that last forever instead of the two-door ones you start with.
(11-12-2017, 03:17 PM)CounterfeitFaker Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 01:51 PM)Sundance Wrote: An implant that dissolves in the hops body that allows him to have access without an ID.

This is already a thing, kind of; hacking into the HoP manufacturer lets you make access implants that last forever instead of the two-door ones you start with.

An implant that allows the HoP to have access without an ID that isn't broken.
Captain:
- 0TC - E-Gun - A rechargable, high-capacity laser gun that doubles as a tazer.
- 0TC - Golden ID - Two all-access ID cards with a stylish gold finish.

HoP
- 0TC - Sec Robbery - Unrestricted access to all that Sec has to offer.
- 0TC - Bank Robbery - Take all the crew's cash and blow it on voltrons.
In fitting with Hop's role as a creator of jobs, why not a much worse (but more expensive) version of the mindslave.

Mindslave pistol (6 rounds): Carries 6 mindslave rounds, causing whomever shot to obey the shooter for whatever length of time an mindslave takes effect.

slave rounds could optionally stack, allowing Hop to make one crewmen into a mindslave for much longer instead.

Hop can make it's own traitor A-team with all access and if security figures out there's a huge number of mindslaves running around at once, Hop can just high tail it out into space.

Although I think the Robust AI Staff assistants sounds like a more balenced HOP item. Even more entertaining if they had a chance of being other jobs, for instance a botanist with a chainsaw, or a bartender with a shotgun.
(11-12-2017, 07:26 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Captain:
- 0TC - E-Gun - A rechargable, high-capacity laser gun that doubles as a tazer.
- 0TC - Golden ID - Two all-access ID cards with a stylish gold finish.

HoP
- 0TC - Sec Robbery - Unrestricted access to all that Sec has to offer.
- 0TC - Bank Robbery - Take all the crew's cash and blow it on voltrons.

this is the best post in this thread
I'm all for job specific traitor items, but do the two most powerful/versatile roles on station need a further boost to their options at all? It's not like they have a lack of options or anything.
I agree with Nate. That was a good post, bub.  hell yeah man

That's not to say that the Comdom and HoPoo couldn't use some flair. Why not give them a big, dumb but funny item that screams "I'm not a tryhard" since they get that a lot.

Something like a 12tc 32x32 butte costume that gives you jenkem fart/mega fart genetics for the captain, or 12tc holographic decoy stickers for the HoP that maybe say a programmable line or two.
12 TC Item. Captain only. Syndicate flag.

Show people who's really the boss with this nifty little flag. Can be placed in your back slot if you feel like disabling yourself further.
(11-13-2017, 01:51 AM)Technature Wrote: 12 TC Item.  Captain only.  Syndicate flag.

Show people who's really the boss with this nifty little flag.  Can be placed in your back slot if you feel like disabling yourself further.

i feel like we just need more gimmicky useless traitor items in general. i like it. would 100% walk around with a stupid red flag on my back and watch people freak out and try and kill me
I'd like costume kits for them, much like the MD's Safari gear.

Captain's would be nautical themed, like a Pirate or Fisherman

HoP would be magician, cause they're always disappearing
(11-13-2017, 08:15 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: HoP would be magician, cause they're always disappearing

"And for my next trick, I will make the assistant disappear!"