Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Widescreen Feedback
Discuss widescreen in here, now that it's implemented.
First bug noticed: the black overlay when knocked out is too small now.
(11-12-2017, 06:33 AM)Rocket Wrote: First bug noticed: the black overlay when knocked out is too small now.

Can I have a screenshot? This is what I'm seeing.
[Image: 1ec7fa4115.png]

That, I guess. Workin' fine so far otherwise. Clearing cache and reloading... and, I can't see anything? At all? Wu-oh. Huh. Now it keeps downloading an update every time I reload, 94mb.

More fiddling.

Oh hey, text mode works. Hah.

aaand. More fiddling.

aaand oh hey I can see stuff again.

Welp, it didn't work. Oh well.
The black overlay is working fine for me
Yeah it's working fine for me now.
(11-12-2017, 08:18 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:
[Image: 1ec7fa4115.png]

That, I guess. Workin' fine so far otherwise. Clearing cache and reloading... and, I can't see anything? At all? Wu-oh. Huh. Now it keeps downloading an update every time I reload, 94mb.

try upgrading to 512
On the whole, I am not a fan.
But I understand that discomfort is a part of progress, and that if I live under a rock were even space-fart simulators don't reach, there will be surprises when I return.
Ah, I updated before I even checked the new digs. Byond booped me and told me 'You suck, go update' and I did. Always beta. Gotta represent.

Anyways, problem self resolved the next round. All''s good.
Feedback Horizontal mode.

Two Things have noticed.

Horizontal mode brings a lot of white space on bigger monitors, difficult at night.
Also seems our work monitors are actually incapable of displaying a split high contrast such as the screenshot below.
Appearing correct in the screenshot but actual use is a black screen. This does not seem to be the case in vert mode. Perhaps this might just be our cheap AOC monitors failing with contrast white/black at half screen? No idea.
https://imgur.com/a/jS4uc
No technical issues, but I still disagree with it.

E: My eyes hurt trying to play.

E2: Could the horizontal/vertical setting for the info box/chat box be made separate? If I could have the chat bar vertical and the various command horizontal along the bottom, that would strain my eyes a bit less.
hey dudes we're looking into pop-out chat window being a viable alternative to maybe help out the 4:3 duders so yeah