Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
QOL: change Vending Machine/Critter chat message colours
(11-08-2017, 11:08 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Could this also apply to bots like securitrons or Buttbots?

I dunno, if Buttbots aren't being annoying as all hell, why make them?

Also securitron messages are also kind of important I guess.
(11-09-2017, 12:24 AM)Technature Wrote: Also securitron messages are also kind of important I guess.
90% sure he meant the dialogue not the PDA messages
Yeah just those little things they say that are just flavor
(11-09-2017, 06:54 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 12:24 AM)Technature Wrote: Also securitron messages are also kind of important I guess.
90% sure he meant the dialogue not the PDA messages

You mean the "STOP RIGHT THERE, *insert name here*, CRIMINAL SCUM!"?

Yeah, if a securitron is targeting me, I wanna be able to see it.
Emotes now have slightly grayer text. Next up are bots, which will have the same color.

(11-09-2017, 11:04 AM)Technature Wrote: Yeah, if a securitron is targeting me, I wanna be able to see it.

You'll be able to see it, but it'll be slightly lighter. If you think that's still an issue, please let me know! As always, everyone please feel free to share their thoughts/concerns.
(11-09-2017, 12:47 PM)Flourish Wrote: Emotes now have slightly grayer text. [...]

I'm liking the changes to vending machines, but I was interested to see exactly what the emote change was like, so I observed a round a minute ago and picked up this example:
[Image: zLWg2By.png]
 I also noticed it affected death messages (seizes up and falls limp etc.), and that it didn't affect pointing. I have two thoughts:
  1. Death messages are important, and I think they should be fully black if they haven't been changed to that already.
  2. The grey seems just a bit too grey for emotes, which I've always thought of as not all that much less important than speaking. I'd be interested to see a darker grey, or a return to black.
 I'd be interested to hear what other people make of this.
 Apologies if this is somewhat out the scope of the thread, but since this is where this change was first described and (seemingly) inspired I thought it was more appropriate than a new one.
Maybe any text with your character's name it should show up in Black instead of grey?

Also, kinda related, but what if events that happened near you had larger font than things that happened far away?

So radio chatter would be smaller than someone taking right next to you?

Sorts like when people are pounding on lockers or rattling through pipes?
to this ^ ghosts have that thing where chat is bold if its near them, would that work for people? like local chat be bold, radio not? or maybe just real close local chat? and chat with your first and/or last name should be a different colour, i reckon. like a light blue?
I want to highlight messages with my name in them, for when people address me, but then it just highlights every message I send/emote and that's less useful
(11-10-2017, 08:02 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I want to highlight messages with my name in them, for when people address me, but then it just highlights every message I send/emote and that's less useful

surely theres a check to see if you said the thing
I love the changes so far. More clarity in the chat bar leads to a cleaner and more responsive experience.
Death messages and pointing was fixed, and it's slightly darker now. Do people have any thoughts on whether or not this should affect silicon emotes?