Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
allow ling headspiders to be player controlled
critter ai sucks and tying an ability to an npc critter sucks even worse
Seems like it would fit in well with the handspider/legworm/eyespider theme. A critter that jumps out that has a single ability. I'm for this.
No. Headspiders are already way too reliable for what ought to be an absolute last-ditch measure that should barely ever work.
(11-10-2017, 10:34 PM)Roomba Wrote: No. Headspiders are already way too reliable for what ought to be an absolute last-ditch measure that should barely ever work.

i've seen like 3 headspiders ever actually get inside a person, and 2 of those 3 people were crushed before becoming ling, and the third person got spotted by me (AI) and murderized from afar

edit: although changelings any additional buffs
I've only saw it successfully happen once, and the victim ordered me as a cyborg to kill him before it took hold.

So I blew up the pod he was in by smacking it to death.

Also, headspiders can attack you if you're in a pod, seems like an oversight but is so rare that I didn't think of mentioning it til now.
(11-11-2017, 12:18 AM)Technature Wrote: Also, headspiders can attack you if you're in a pod, seems like an oversight but is so rare that I didn't think of mentioning it til now.

Almost all critters can attack you inside pods
I'm for this, but with the caveat that headspiders deployment method and cost get changed.

Rather than it being an automatic thing, it should be deployed sometime before death (even if you're knocked out and in crit)

Should also cost more

Alternatively, I'd love for an altogether new ability with a similar goal as headspiders (keeping the antag in the game) but with an entirely different method.

Rather than taking someone over, the headspider instead is a smaller, weaker ling much in the way a monkey is a smaller, weaker human.

They still have most of their offensive powers, but they can't transform or make other spiders. Instead, they're trapped in their weaker, more obvious form until they spend enough DNA points to regrow into their normal selves, which takes resources and time