Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Genetics changes departments to science.
(05-19-2018, 06:50 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if we just combined the cloner with the genetics scanner? Like if it was a dual purpose machine? While someone's cloning your materials regen rate was at least 3x the normal speed. Getting a body cloned would be a great windfall to the whole unlocking process

Repeated killing and recloning becomes the new genetics meta.
Everyone plays to TAS levels of perfection.
No because there's puking, radiation infused monkeys in there screaming in agony. It would cause too much hassle over a team building excersize
I should point out...the cloner has a Genetics Scanning mode currently, but all it does is make the genetics computer more efficient for a successful cloning, which activators already do. It also slows cloning down a chunk.
As a gene-nerd all this talk upsets me

I try to clone people and be a nice dude

Just that even when I flat-out yell over the radio FREE SUPERPOWERS nobody cares anyways
How about removing the ability to re-roll the subject's mutations and Halving the cost and time taken for researching the mutations in live subjects?
I dunno, being able to re-roll mutations and potentially make ludicrous super humans is pretty fun.
Removing the ability to re-roll the subject's mutations would DESTROY genetics, it already relies enough on luck as it is.
I suggested those because genetics starts painfully slow and then later speeds up to the point where it devolves into spamming the re-roll function until you either find a rare mutation or your subject dies from radiation poisoning. The intention was to even out the curve so you get more done earlier and can step away from the console for ten seconds to do something else. Like order more monkeys from cargo, apprehend one of the many wandering the station, abduct the diner crew, clone people, etc.