Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Antag tokens not working correctly
Twice now antag tokens have failed to actually give me an antagonist role. I'm not sure if it's just broken for me or everyone. Normal RNG antag works, but if I try to use my tokens it messes up. Since there's not really a workaround on my end I figured it would be considered major?

I ahelped and Cirrial said this, so maybe he might be able to give more info
Admin PM from-Cirrial: i've refunded your token, your antag status is broken in a way i've never seen, so i guess consider yourself a hardmode traitor

The end of the round report says this:
[b]Ms. Licorice (played by Sord213) was a !

The was successful!
This happens a lot. From my experience I'd go as far as to say 50/50 as to whether it works.
I wish I could give more info, but when I said "broken in a way I've never seen" I meant everything I could normally use to debug someone's traitor status was fucking up and providing no information. Suffice to say, I'm looking into it (and a bunch of other round start issues) but I can't promise any quick fixes.

The most frustrating thing about this particular bug is it prevents us from just turning you into a new type of traitor, because the game thinks you already ARE a traitor, albeit a weird fucked up and broken type. It also prevents us from removing your traitor status, because the game doesn't think you're a proper traitor. It's SUPER BROKEN.

For now, if your antag token fucks up, ahelp and ask for a token refund. Individual admins will probably vary on whether they consider you still a traitor for the round, so maybe ask for a clarification on that too.
If you're still getting this issue, please post in here and say what type of round it was.
This is basically just turning into my journal of my efforts to find and track this bug, but:

So far known to happen in traitor mode.