Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Fireball on an Icecube
If a wizard throws a fireball at a character trapped in an icecube the fire explosion from the fireball can/will happen on the casting wizard. 

The projectile and explosive (the part that destroys turfs, deals damage, and throws limbs off) move to/happen at the cube as expected. The fire part happens on the wizard. The consequence is that the casting wizard and whoever is next to him starts to burn.

Another thing happened in relation to the above event which felt dumb but could be written off as not a bug: if you have handcuffs on you can no longer roll to put out fire. I noticed this when beepsky came along and handcuffed me as I was rolling to put out the above fire. It would make more sense if your character tried to put out the fire before trying to take the handcuffs off.
yeah i found this long ago but like it just doesn't make sense how this is happening
rewrite the entire code for fireball. i assume its something to do with where the fire appears. possibly it tries to spawn inside the ice-cube or some shit, then fails and instead goes to the source, i.e. the caster, i.e. the tile the spell was cast from

im no coder but i can make guesses
Icecube code is weird.
(11-23-2017, 06:11 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Icecube code is unfun.
(11-23-2017, 05:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: rewrite the entire code for fireball icecubes.