Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goon Guide to Robust Security Part 1: (Recommended Items)

I have the advanced tips time-stamped in the description, since it's such a long video. Any feedback is appreciated.
I've been looking forward to this greatly. I'll watch it when I can. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this.
Magboots are getting nerfed so they wont be anti slip once the nerf happens.

I don't really have any feedback to give this was a good video and you went into detail with the tips you gave and on your own playstyle. Giving someone a guide and having them build their own playstyle over it is how I taught people in the past. I plan to share this video around to anyone who asks for Security tips. Well done man.
Love this, good tips.

The topic-list in the youtube comment is very nice, not just for navigation, but also for a quick reminder/reference of the tips. Please continue to do this in your future videos.

I like the Cryostylane for rioters and Fluorosulfuric Acid for wiznerds, definitively not something I had considered. I am very intrigued by how you gathered them at round start. I know you can get it from the chem dispenser in the pathology lab, but that is a little out of my usual route.

I like the Box-o-'corporal punishment'. You could save some space in the backpack by leaving the box near the prison. That way, other officers can utilize the same box when probing for implants.
It probably crosses some sort of "Antags are sacred"-bullshit rule, so I motion that we should get that box as standard gear in the Security Office.

I have never used calomel before, but I will definitely try it now. It sounds like the sort of item to keep on the Security belt, right next to the health-scanner.

I hope to see a mention of the Port-o-Brig in a future video, despite your rejection of the ROBUST-card. I like it, but I have difficulty using it to it's maximum potential.

I do miss a mention of the Security Officers Winter Coat as an impromptu EVA-suit. Admittedly, that is a very standard tip, but a crucial one, especially since inventory management comes up.
On that subject, almost all of the items you carry in your backpack, can fit into your Security belt. Only the box, the extinguisher and a EVA-suit would need to be in the backpack itself and these aren't the hot go2 items you mentioned. So, for most officers, the fanny pack would be a laborious option, with little gain.

(11-05-2017, 08:58 PM)Hikurac Wrote: Any feedback is appreciated.
Last Question: do you prefer feedback on the Goonstation Forum, or on Youtube (which I seem to be unable to do at this time. derp.)?
(11-06-2017, 02:40 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I hope to see a mention of the Port-o-Brig in a future video, despite your rejection of the ROBUST-card. I like it, but I have difficulty using it to it's maximum potential.

I don't use it much simply because I usually end up killing antags and rarely bring non-antags in for petty crimes. If I see people busting into low-value areas like EVA, I just ignore them. I don't care if they want a space suit and it's not worth making an enemy out of them IMO. You could also copy/paste Port-o-Brig it into your PDA system files then swap the cartridge for the Med-U, so you'll have all the necessary functions.

Quote:I do miss a mention of the Security Officers Winter Coat as an impromptu EVA-suit.

Good for short excursions into space. Will it keep you alive indefinitely in space? I figured it wouldn't, which is why I carry an EVA, because if you get tossed far into space without the ability to survive long, you'll be dead and rarely will anyone ever find you.

Quote:I like the Box-o-'corporal punishment'. You could save some space in the backpack by leaving the box near the prison. That way, other officers can utilize the same box when probing for implants.

I tend to get into situations where I'm not close to security or a surgical table, which is why I carry the box with me in my fannypack. That way I can use it at the nearest normal bed. Have to be quick when attempting to debrain a ling that's deadset on neuro stinging you or when performing emergency self-surgery. I'll probably set up the bed in security and place a surgical box next to it for others in the future though, like you mentioned.

Quote:On that subject, almost all of the items you carry in your backpack, can fit into your Security belt. Only the box, the extinguisher and a EVA-suit would need to be in the backpack itself and these aren't the hot go2 items you mentioned. So, for most officers, the fanny pack would be a laborious option, with little gain.

I like it just so I can have my fanny pack dedicated to tools and surgery, with my bag for hot go2 items, and others in the box within the bag. But yeah, you could reverse it and manage a similar setup with a security belt and no fanny pack. The main thing is just to create a system and stick to it, so you have a sense of muscle memory pertaining to each situation. Before this video, I had always kept the flash in my pocket and cryo in my bag, which is why I accidentally went for the beaker in the bag to demonstrate cryo, and instead burned off my headgear. Now imagine that but in a stressful situation.

Quote:Last Question: do you prefer feedback on the Goonstation Forum, or on Youtube (which I seem to be unable to do at this time. derp.)?

Either one, as I check both quite often.
Points taken.

(11-06-2017, 10:08 AM)Hikurac Wrote: I like it just so I can have my fanny pack. (...)
I too like the fanny pack, and that is my real issue: there are only a few of them around. wink
(11-05-2017, 11:07 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Magboots are getting nerfed so they wont be anti slip once the nerf happens.

Ah man, are we really going to job-restrict all of the anti-slip items (on the station at least)? Really bad timing too, considering that liquids were just implemented.
There's a thread about it where coders are discussing their ideas and taking feedback on the ideas sub forum. Give them your thoughts. I asked last night and they have not been nerfed yet. So you still have time to give your input to them.
And here it is on the wiki, with both the original video and a outline of the equipment mentioned. Pictures of items and organization improvements may come later. Congrats man, you're on the same boat as Haine; one of your threads is now a wiki tutorial.
Holy cow, thanks man.
Wow great work you two. This is a great thing.