Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reducing forensic scanner redundancy
So Frank made a neat suggestion in my other fingerprinting thread about eliminating the redundancy of the forensic scanner. I figured I'd make a separate thread for it, including my mock-up of the idea: https://i.imgur.com/O40yeHI.png

Basically, instead of copying codes and pasting them into the scanner search menu, the name and occupation of the person will automatically show up next to the fingerprint/blood code. You'll also be able to add notes to these codes, along with ones listed for material ID's. This way you can keep track of material ID codes (such as gloves) as well, without having to copy and paste them into notepad.
Cool nerd idea: connect the forensic scanner to a PDA to transfer it's copy of the notes over. You can see what detective was scanning before he was murderized.

edit: Basically I think it would be neat if you could take your notes idea, smack the forensic scanner onto the pda, and have a copy of the scanner's memory placed inside the PDA. The forensic scanner would still have notes, but the PDA could be used to actually mail them around as a file or something. Basically PDA export
I really like this idea and it would save time. I hate trying to copy and paste things cause the chat is always moving and interrupting the process.