Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major LITERALLY ANY THROWN OBJECT can break plasmaglass windows.
In a recent detective round, one person who I previously brigged for hacking into the armory managed to break a window by repeatedly throwing the brig harmonica at it. I am not even sure if harmonicas even are supposed to do damage to anything, but they can somehow break steel reinforced plasma glass when thrown. This means unless you strip every prisoner stark naked and remove every single item capable of being picked up from the brig, people can still break out. Fix ASAP.
you've been able to break windows like this forever. I think the idea with plasmaglass is that it can be broken using nothing but handcuffs or shoes, but it will take a heck of a lot of time/effort.

Unless you're saying he broke out in 10 seconds flat, in which case we could increase the durability or something?
I get you want people to be able to break out of the brig but if something as small as a harmonica can break plasma glass of all things in under five minutes then something is wrong. There's no balance between Security and freedom when it comes to arresting people and if we can't expect to safely and securely keep someone in the brig then how can we expect anyone to play Security at all?

I kinda gave up hope on this long ago and don't even put people in the general population cells anymore but in the single cells now. I highly recommend others do the same as well until the General Brig is fixed.

In the old days no one thought a person had a right to be able to break out of the brig they had to outsmart and outmaneuver the person who put them there. I don't know why this drastically changed after Mushroom Station.
Yeah, nobody should be able to escape from the brig unless either
  1. The officers did a sloppy job of searching you or
  2. You have someone else save you
The brig shouldn't be made easy to escape by default. Right now if someone wants to escape, the only way to stop them is to basically have an officer constantly watching over them to beat them up and extend their sentence every time they try to escape.
someone still needs to code that off z-level prison station that prisoners get sent to which has fun prison hijinks and secoffs can remain there as guards or let the automated prison drones do stuff (im sure this has been in a thread somewhere)
alright, I looked deeper into this and found the problem. The plasmaglass windows had LESS health than the regular steel-reinforced glass. This happened 'cause of a bug in their material calculations. I fixed it.

(health went from 60 -> 165)
(10-31-2017, 10:38 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: someone still needs to code that off z-level prison station that prisoners get sent to which has fun prison hijinks and secoffs can remain there as guards or let the automated prison drones do stuff (im sure this has been in a thread somewhere)

Probably could get the same results making a disconnected brig that attaches to the station with an Airbridge

In general, throwing things against Windows to break them is weirdly effective, more so than bashing them with something most of the time
(11-02-2017, 05:05 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: In general, throwing things against Windows to break them is weirdly effective, more so than bashing them with something most of the time

That's just because the throw force is typically higher than the "hit with it" force. I don't see a problem with this, from either a realism perspective (throwing something heavy at a window is a better way to break it than hitting it with something heavy) or a balance perspective (you can throw something to probably do a little more damage, but then you are sans-that thing).
(11-02-2017, 05:05 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 10:38 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: someone still needs to code that off z-level prison station that prisoners get sent to which has fun prison hijinks and secoffs can remain there as guards or let the automated prison drones do stuff (im sure this has been in a thread somewhere)

Probably could get the same results making a disconnected brig that attaches to the station with an Airbridge

In general, throwing things against Windows to break them is weirdly effective, more so than bashing them with something most of the time

It breaks the electric grille and damages the window at the same time. A lot of things that normally deal no damage when used as a weapon deal damage when thrown, especially "heavy" things like chairs(Im not sure, but I don't think chairs are supposed to deal damage to players when used as a melee weapon by non-wrestlers, but for some reason they do).