MrDuckBill's Mentor Application (Repost)
Usual Character Name: Sir Mapleleaf
BYOND Username: MrDuckBillFace
Recommended by (if applicable): Again, no one.
Times Available:I can play most of the day if I feel like it, however I do like to take long breaks from the game every now and again. Whenever those breaks are over, I can play from around 12:00-10:00 PST, But that also widely varies. Also I play on Gibbed #3 and pretty much only that.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I want to be a mentor because I think I'm a decent enough player for the job, plus I'm happy to answer pretty much anything that has to do with the game. I have amassed quite the book of knowledge for this game, I can answer most any question that has to do with science (Except for artifact research but no one uses that anyway so...), engineering (The engine is still a little bit of a pain for me but I know how to get it up to ~1.3 MW), A.I (As if anyone would want to be the A.I), botany (Pretty simple really) and many other jobs as well.

Whenever I play, I tend to take action in the better interest of fun. I'm always the guy that will jump into the scary red portal when no one else will. This game is just so damn open! You can do so much stuff, it really is insane. Every round gives a new tale to tell your pubbie friends about. So you can tell them all that YOU were the one that got shot out into space, not that other guy!

Also, this is not an HoS application because I'm just a bad sec all around (Or at least I think so). The only time I've even been robust is when I stunned a room full of security and made it away with the HoS (As a traitor of course), So I don't think I'm worthy of the beret. Just thought I would be honest.

I've had so much fun in this game, but I'm guessing you don't want to hear me pad out this application with dumb stories so I'll just tell you about one thing. I was an awful player when I first started (Before mentors were added). But now mentors are here and have one duty, too filter shit from a new player and leave behind only the good, fun things in a person. And that's what I would love to do as well. So I ask you now, can I be a mentor and enter the next level in being a fire-dying floor-slipping burger-eating nerd? Thank you for reading, have a nice day on the station crew!

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): The first 3 movies were alright, but I never saw Shrek 4 or Puss n' Boots.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I was day banned by Wonkmin in January(?) for saying I was the traitor in mentorhelp, followed by some dumb remark about how easy it was to be a traitor. I was feeling rather awful that day for some reason, sorry about that. (Also I was banned by mistake before that, not sure when. It was fixed in like 10 seconds though so I don't think that counts.)
I've seen you ingame for a while now, you seem pretty nice and to know your stuff. I'll go for yes.
yes you are a good guy and I want to apologize for not seeing your first application so I could say yes there too.
This guy is cool and knowledgeable. Yes.
Thanks for the support guys. Even if I don't get to be a mentor, it's nice to know people don't think I'm shit. Much less views on this one though... Why is that?
See the postdate.

Also this guy is pretty cool, I'd trust him to be able to answer most of the questions that are made, and he's not shit. Yes from me.
Maplestead is definitely Mentorhelp material.

Although, can you elaborate on the day ban? Did you ask a traitor question in Mentorhelp, or was it just a "I'm a tater lol" type message? It wont change my vote either way, but I wouldn't mind some clarification, since ic in Mentorhelp shouldn't be an issue if it's relevant to the question. Using Mentorhelp for casual chat is definitely annoying and disruptive, though.
Also, your name is now Maplestead. Because of reasons.
Quote:Did you ask a traitor question in Mentorhelp, or was it just a "I'm a tater lol" type message?

It was the dumb "im a tater lol" type, which is why I said "I was feeling rather awful that day". It was REALLY awful. So what happened was, I was an HoP traitor. And I was like "omg im tater must show off" and I (for some reason) said I was the traitor in mentorhelp. I may not have been banned (although it still would have been awful) if I had said it in adminhelp but no, I said it in mentorhelp. However this is an isolated incident and it will (most likely) never happen again. Thank you for your vote!
I am fully in support of Lord Sprucebranch being made a mentor.
Xenonia Wrote:Lord Sprucebranch
If I get to be a mentor I swear I'll play a whole day as Lord Sprucebranch.
Yeah, he knows his shit. I approve.

(you may now begin acting surprised)
He was helping out people recently and is a nice guy. Never thought of him as dumb or awful before this.

I approve.