Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Big Fluids Thread
From brief expermentation with the pool, mixed fluids comprised of multiple reagents act.... weird. You can get a checkerboard effect, where each tile has a different color, contents, and depth, when ideally they'd mix together into one averaged blob.

Also, the best way to drain the pool is setting it on fire. Dumping potassium in it will cause it to evaporate after exploding. Also, filling it with welding fuel and setting it on fire will also evaporate it.

It's recommended to not stand in the pool while either happens.
Puddles of blood don't retain DNA info. Like, it won't stable mutagen someone into anyone.
(11-04-2017, 12:27 PM)Mageziya Wrote: From brief expermentation with the pool, mixed fluids comprised of multiple reagents act.... weird. You can get a checkerboard effect, where each tile has a different color, contents, and depth

The pool is kind of a weird case because fluids are constrained by a 'channel' placed on the ladder. Fluid isn't supposed to climb over sides of a pool wall, but sometimes it does when the crew gets crazy with fire extinguishers and stuff. In this case, liquid inside the pool gets pretty dang confused, because it is simultaneously being forced in by the channel and flowing around the sides of it. i'll check on this one later.

(11-04-2017, 07:33 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Puddles of blood don't retain DNA info. Like, it won't stable mutagen someone into anyone.

probably fixed
I could try to make some sprites if I got the .dmi file, I'm on irc or you could PM me

Also, Ball pit balls should be a special liquid
Earlier when i used welding fuel to empty the pool. My own blood wouldn't pool into a liquid the way it did outside of the now empty pool tiles.
it would be cool if the pool had some kind of filter that could either remove chemicals or introduce new ones.

I think Hippie station/tgstation probably have something similar but I was playing with goon pool and figured out I could inject myself with 300 units of saline by just dumping large beakers of sugar and salt into the pool.

Pool is best beaker.
(11-05-2017, 05:10 PM)Sundance Wrote: I have done a thing. I envisioned it as a pressurized container. 

ON (Either slurping up or spitting out liquids):
[Image: O2U38hG.gif][Image: 3JufvJy.gif][Image: UefslZL.gif][Image: WfSgay3.gif]
[Image: SrOI9g3.gif][Image: UIzGgxJ.gif][Image: UkxaAoa.gif][Image: 2gUB2wd.gif]

Here's what it'd look like when it's filling up:

[Image: pXUwJy1.gif]

Crossquoting this from another thread because it's adorable: Sundance's representation of a wheelable fluid-sucking-and-spitting-and-dispensing reagent tank! You just switch it on and it pumps stuff into or out of its tank.

(Presumably, these reagents can mix, otherwise you'd just get individual units of ethanol/piss/beans/reversium/vomit from the giant puddle floorpills made)

EDIT: Also we can use a very rudimentary equation to figure out how much spillage one tank can collect: 1 tile, uncompressed, stores 25 reagents. Divide whatever the tank's capacity is (500? kinda shit; 1000? getting there; 2000? equivalent to an actual tank I think) by 25 and there u go!!
Cleaning as a janitor is pretty difficult, I should add, things need to change there because to actually properly carry out your duties, it's pretty impossible. Mopping is now 3 even 4 times longer.
(11-12-2017, 01:56 PM)Sundance Wrote: Cleaning as a janitor is pretty difficult, I should add, things need to change there because to actually properly carry out your duties, it's pretty impossible. Mopping is now 3 even 4 times longer.

I think janitoring has more **strategy** involved now. for instance, if you need to clean a bunch of clustered puddles : Try pouring out a bunch of water on the ground first to soak up the blood so you don't have to do it manually with the mop.
the strategy is use the floor buffer because it literally just eats puddles
Do clogged toilets flood areas with water when flushed? Because they need to if that’s not a thing.
toilets should flush sewage into the janitor's office.
Squid mutants should be able to breathe any fluid like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Obviously they still suffocate in a vacuum but they can’t drown.
Let us weld drains to close them.
(11-14-2017, 02:39 PM)Berrik Wrote: Let us weld drains to close them.

I wouldn't mess with the drains if I were you