Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Big Fluids Thread
A plumbing system for refilling and emptying things, an equivalent of the atmos hookups but for bulky reagent containers like the Buff-r-matic.
What even happens if a fluid has 0 viscosity?
(11-01-2017, 08:35 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Yeah, drums and barrels I'd love. As well as spouts.

Some kinda bad comic book nuclear engine that periodically needed to be drained of glowing green mutagen or else it bursts and leaks.

Filling up casks of wine and spirts and rolling them down hallways. Them bursting on strong hits

Pools of water extinguishing fires.

Trails of flammable fuel leaking out of speeding carts and clown cars.

Temperature playing a role, with cold freezing existing puddles and heat evaporating them into steam

(11-02-2017, 05:27 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: A plumbing system for refilling and emptying things, an equivalent of the atmos hookups but for bulky reagent containers like the Buff-r-matic.

I think some of these could use suggestions I made in this post as a backbone.
(11-02-2017, 06:20 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: What even happens if a fluid has 0 viscosity?

That's uh... superfluidity?

Checking... yeah. Google says it's a superfluid. Would it act like a real superfluid? Probably not.

Yet.
I just want to cut myself open and cause a flood of my own blood to rush down a hallway.
I mopped up some blood with a dry mop and I dipped the mop in my empty bucket. My bucket was suddenly full of water instead.
Repeatedly *crying ought to generate a small puddle of water underneath you.
(11-03-2017, 12:19 AM)Roomba Wrote: Repeatedly *crying ought to generate a small puddle of water underneath you.

That's a good blue clown.
is this also the thread for yelling at mbc that pouring black powder on floors is now broken
(11-02-2017, 02:53 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: I just want to cut myself open and cause a flood of my own blood to rush down a hallway.

Derringers do a spectacular job at making a nice blood puddle.
You can *twirl out containers on the floor from within closets and prison artifacts. Gushes all the fluids out on the floor with no risk to the dumper.

Betcha it works from a segway.
Does it flow out of hull breaches because hey
Do biosuits protect against chem puddles or splashing at all? I can't think of a single good reason to put one on.
(11-04-2017, 09:21 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Do biosuits protect against chem puddles or splashing at all? I can't think of a single good reason to put one on.

Full biosuit + shoes should offer 100% protection fron liquid touch reactions.
Shoes + biosuit without the hood should offer you protection until the water gets very deep.
(10-29-2017, 01:54 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 01:41 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 01:25 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Would be nice if piss and water didn't deal fucktons of brute 100% unavoidably or something

Earlier I was blinded by a tide of soup. I have no idea why I was blinded because I was wearing clothes (not a mask) and a helmet, but the soup just. . did things to me.

Was the soup hot? Getting hot things in your eyes tends to blind people. That's why you go blind if you weld things without a mask.

Yeah, the hot liquids on the ground can be almost instantly lethal, and having to wear a mask at all times to avoid this doesn't seem like a practical thing. Any chance we can scale this back a bit to just taking some burn damage when it's just slipping into a puddle?