Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Big Fluids Thread
It's suuuper inconsistent, but puddles can be used to dupe reagents, sometimes. I managed to get an extra 24 units of cryoxadone by dumping a 50u beaker on the floor and scooping it all up. Had to dump what I scooped into another beaker since a beaker with reagents will always dump on the floor.

Also I managed to get a pale gray unnamed fluid by spamming two beakers full of microunit reagents on the floor. Looked kinda nice.
(10-30-2017, 05:25 PM)Zafhset Wrote: I think it would be pretty neat if a person/corpse bleeding in a stationary position eventually forms a puddle of it on the ground. It would be a pretty nice aesthetic I think - imagine seeing a dozen corpses in the hallway from a mass murderer and having to wade through the pools of their blood.

No idea how feasible this would be coding wise though.

I'm reasonably sure they do...
(10-30-2017, 05:25 PM)Zafhset Wrote: I think it would be pretty neat if a person/corpse bleeding in a stationary position eventually forms a puddle of it on the ground. It would be a pretty nice aesthetic I think - imagine seeing a dozen corpses in the hallway from a mass murderer and having to wade through the pools of their blood.

No idea how feasible this would be coding wise though.

yeah this is already a thing. The requirement is that 3 cleanable objects stack on the same tile, and their totaled reagents meet something around 13 units.
(10-29-2017, 11:24 PM)mbc Wrote: just updated some stuff that was requested.
+Overall lower chance of slipping, AND you can only slip while crossing the edges of a puddle (so the inner tiles are safe)
+Fluid reagent temperatures approach the room's ambient temperature
+proper reagent description that can be read with goggles and stuff

Spraying things from a fire extinguisher creates a bunch of individual puddles that each proc the higher slip chance, even if they’re connected.

Also, certain reagents should be sticky and not proc slipping at all, like puddles of cola or other sugary drinks.
I once sprayed a fire extinguisher filled with robust-eez and the amount of meth it created in the puddles was definitely higher than the amount of meth in a couple bottles' worth.

Not that I'm complaining! v
People are abusing the fact they can flood the station with chems. It's fine if you're flooding somewhere out of the way, but people are flooding main hallways, so you can't avoid being attacked by reagents. I see it on many rounds, where people purposely pour chems everywhere. Maybe there should be a rule where non antags can't flood the station with harmful chems.
(10-31-2017, 05:57 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote: Maybe there should be a rule where non antags can't flood the station with harmful chems.

That rule already exists, it's called "Don't grief". If you see some scientist trying out their latest turbonerd deathmix in the middle of a hallway, ahelp it.
There's always a griefing period with stuff like this. It's similar to kids trying to find out how far they can push their parents.

It's pretty obvious that puddles don't follow the same rules as pills and food. A wave of publicized shamecubes and gildings would probably work well enough. Once players know whats-what they can take care of it themselves if no admins are available.

Granted that's likely just wishful thinking.
You may want to invest in an experienced janitor.
Some of this will get a lot worse or a lot better depending on what other features are introduced to interact with the fluids system. Time will tell.
(10-30-2017, 06:51 PM)Superlagg Wrote: It's suuuper inconsistent, but puddles can be used to dupe reagents, sometimes.
Most likely fixed

(10-30-2017, 08:59 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Spraying things from a fire extinguisher creates a bunch of individual puddles that each proc the higher slip chance, even if they’re connected.

Also, certain reagents should be sticky and not proc slipping at all, like puddles of cola or other sugary drinks.
1. fixed
2. I made some adjustments to foodchem viscocities. If there are any specific chems you see that dont match up with their expected viscocity, let me know.

(10-31-2017, 05:46 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I once sprayed a fire extinguisher filled with robust-eez and the amount of meth it created in the puddles was definitely higher than the amount of meth in a couple bottles' worth.
Fixed

Edit : this was on changelog but I figure I should mention it here too : added drowning, made the pools use fluid system, and did a bunch of optimizations.
Are there any plans to add fluids to station works?

For instance, making disposals grosser with big pools of sewage. Or alternate engines that rely on water instead of gasses?
(11-01-2017, 03:38 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Are there any plans to add fluids to station works?

For instance, making disposals grosser with big pools of sewage. Or alternate engines that rely on water instead of gasses?

No plans right now but I am open to suggestions. new engine would be a pretty big undertaking but stuff like big turbines or fluid exchanges could be cool!
I'd just like a way to store reagents en masse and maybe separate them. Some kind of glassy/plasticky fluid tank would be awesome for this purpose- like a gastank for chems, capable of being dragged around and filled and such (and if it ruptures it squirts chem goo everywhere, so you can, say, have drums of oil/fire/mutagen).
Yeah, drums and barrels I'd love. As well as spouts.

Some kinda bad comic book nuclear engine that periodically needed to be drained of glowing green mutagen or else it bursts and leaks.

Filling up casks of wine and spirts and rolling them down hallways. Them bursting on strong hits

Pools of water extinguishing fires.

Trails of flammable fuel leaking out of speeding carts and clown cars.

Temperature playing a role, with cold freezing existing puddles and heat evaporating them into steam