Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Mode: Pest Control
The vermin breeding on the station has gotten absolutely out of control. In fact, highly intelligent superbugs and deadly wildlife somehow have been introduced to the station. It's the crew's job to clean house without destroying the station. The critters? Do as much damage as possible, including human casualties.

Antags: 1-3, each spawning with 4-9 NPC critters that can be ordered to attack and loosely follow the player.
Spawning: critters choose their nest at the beginning of the round/when choosen randomly as a late joiner, similar to spawning the first Blob nuclei.

Winning Conditions:
- if the critters die and the escape shuttle docks at Cent Com with at least 50% of the station operational: Crew wins!
- if the critters survive and the station is less than 50% operational: Critters win!
- if the critters die but the station is less than 50% operational: No one wins!
- if the critters survive and the station is more than 50% percent operational: CentCom wins!

Special critter abilities:
- Gnaw: your critter will slowly begin to bite through important parts of whatever object is being attacked until it is rendered inoperable.
- Target: have NPC mobs advance on either a player, an NPC, or an object to destroy it.
- Devour: eat a dead body, including other critters; heals the critter.
- Spawn: after devouring a human or a monkey, you can spawn one additional NPC.

Additional note: PC antag critters are smarter and somewhat stronger than the average bug or rodent. Any critter antag in this game mode spawns with the smarts to be able to operate things like computers, canisters, reagent dispensers, and is strong enough to lift some what medium sized items like stun batons, upload cards, and tools. However, they are not smart or strong enough to pilot pods, pick up guns, build TTV bombs, use DWAINE terminals, and other things that would absolutely break the game mode wide open.

New reagent: Pesticide, does a ton of brute damage but only to critters. Mildly irritates humans and monkeys by decaying into itching powder.

New Item: Nukeā„¢ brand Bug Spray - aerosol can, works like a flamethrower. When holding a lit lighter, match, or welding tool in the other hand it becomes a flamethrower. Contains pesticide, ethanol, fliptonium, water, and chlorine.

Critter types:
Space Roaches
Space Mice
Space Wasps
Space Spiders
Space Ants
YES! EVERY YES! I WANT THIS!
we had a half-implemented version of this gamemode but it wasn't up to snuff and was reworked into another gamemode
Would you be willing to try it again? Also, rather curious which gamemode this became.
It's like a combination of ghost critters and the QM's instant zoo. I like it!
I vote a yes on this idea.
Idea: Rather than directly attacking, some pests just spread disease and pathogens

(12-14-2017, 08:39 PM)Skunkrocker Wrote: Would you be willing to try it again? Also, rather curious which gamemode this became.

My guess is that flock stuff
(12-15-2017, 06:32 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: My guess is that flock stuff

Yeah, the early precursor to the flockdrone stuff was the critter overmind
Sounds like a fun idea for a random event antagonist. For a full blown game mode or round start antag, spiders in their various forms (regular, ice, clown, cluwne) might fare better against the crew due to their adult forms. Unless of course you were intending for the critters to be a LOT stronger than their npcs.
(12-15-2017, 10:16 AM)Mageziya Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 06:32 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: My guess is that flock stuff

Yeah, the early precursor to the flockdrone stuff was the critter overmind

I mean while I like the concept here as well, mine has the player actually participating and once they die (protect yourself, noob) then the NPCs are basically berzerk but without a leader.

(12-15-2017, 01:32 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Sounds like a fun idea for a random event antagonist. For a full blown game mode or round start antag, spiders in their various forms (regular, ice, clown, cluwne) might fare better against the crew due to their adult forms. Unless of course you were intending for the critters to be a LOT stronger than their npcs.

They would be reworked only for this game mode. For example spiders couldn't spawn more spiders without eating someone first. It would need balancing, surely, but I like the idea of a ton of spiders just inching their way through the station fucking -everyone- up like Arachnophobia.