Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of Goonstation assets in fan-art for other SS13 servers?
I was wondering how the staff here feels about using ingame assets, specifically 'hidden' ones, in fan-art relating to other servers.

Specifically, I am talking about my own character dossier and other planned images on the Colonial Marines forum. Below is a link to both the image I am using in my character dossier and the dossier itself:

https://i.imgur.com/qkQTj7P.png

[Removed link to Colonial Marines forum to avoid server advertising]

I understand that I have used two images from the Adventure Zones, and I also understand that it is hard to find images of said zones elsewhere on the internet. I feel that I have cut enough out of the images to deprive context and mitigate spoilers, but I would like to know the opinion of the staff here.

I have another set of images i'm working on for another character using many other assets from adventure zones and the general station, though I would rather not post them publicly until they are finished. If it is a concern, I am willing to PM the unfinished pictures which show all of the assets from your server I hope to use.
I would be fine with it I guess. It's just basically screenshots. Also, it might make people want to check out the adventure zones which is always cool.

Legally, our assets are licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA, which prohibit commercial use.
why is your man at least 93 109 years old
(10-29-2017, 12:40 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: I would be fine with it I guess. It's just basically screenshots. Also, it might make people want to check out the adventure zones which is always cool.

Legally, our assets are licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA, which prohibit commercial use.

Awesome, thanks. I just wanted to get the go-ahead from the staff here since the sprites i'm using were so lovingly crafted for this server.

(10-29-2017, 01:01 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: why is your man at least 93 109 years old

He exists in the Aliens vs Predator universe where cryosleep transit is commonplace. Physically he is a 25 year old man.