Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Station of Despair, Trial 1 (Complete)
The killing game has begun, and with Irene as the first victim.  With Irene dead and Adam's wasted sacrifice, can the station residents bring themselves together to find out who's behind her murder?  And just what is this station trial anyway?

This is an extension of the  station of despair game.  If you are not in the game, please avoid posting here.  Thank you.
The Cyborg begins speaking atop his chair. "Let us start by explaining what is expected of the station trial."

"Somebody in this room is responsible for murder, and it's up to you to figure out whodunit.  If the majority of you vote for the correct person, then the killer will be executed.  But, if you pick the wrong one..."

"Then the innocent believed to be guilty will take their place, and the killer will be one step closer to leaving the station.  Now, where should we begin...?"

"Why not establish the murder weapon?  That should be easy enough to start with."
"Ooh! Good idea!" Marcy's podium appears to be shorter than everyone else's to accommodate her height, though it's raised to match everyone else's eye level.

"Well, if I recall correctly, Large scanned the body with a reagent scanner. The results turned up as..."
Quote:The scanner checks Irene's body.  The scanner shows:
86% blood.
12% Foreign Substances.
2% Metal
Furthermore, the Foreign Substance appears most concentrated in her stomach.
It's likely she had more before her death.

Marcy puffs out her chest and proudly posits her theory.

"That two percent metal is indicative of a magic bullet! I'm sure of it!"
Jonathon pipes up and interjects.

"Actually I am pretty sure we decided that she was poisoned. The murder picked a poisonous plant from the public gardens and somehow poisoned Irene. I would like to state again, there was no magic bullet involved."
Phoebe Buzz begins to talk.

"I can confirm that the Murderer took one of my plants, my most venomous and lethal one, and used it to Poison Irene. It therefore must have been someone with a slight amount of Herbal Knowledge."

Phoebe Buzz does question, however, "why did she have Metal in her?"
"Then who did we see go near the gardens? Besides Phoebe, of course..."
Phoebe's face suddenly lit with an idea.
"Hey, Captbot, didn't we have to sign a paper before we came here regarding our talents? Or was I the only one that had to sign that?"
Phoebe then proceeded to ask the next question:
"If so, could we see them in order to help identify the murderer?"
"Oh... I was just testing you guys..." Marcy gives a nervous chuckle to Jonathan's statement.

"Anyways, Nathan, you can at least rule out Dan and I for suspects. Rule out yourself as well- the three of us have alibis together, in the arcade."
Dan flicks her cigarette butt at Marcy.

"You guys are idiots. A station full of murderous robots and you're pointing fingers at your fellow crew. If Captain Dipshit were here and not murdered by robots, he'd be disappointed in all y'all."

Dan takes a cig out of her Pro-Puffs. Jenkem, pass, she throws it right at Marcy.

"For all we know, Lieutenant Malf over there planted all that evidence just to fuck with us."

Another cig. Tea. Yum! In the mouth it goes!

"Ya know. To distract us. I vote Robot."
"The metal? Isn't it obvious?" The robot pointed right to his face. "Do you look somewhere other than the face when you speak to each other? Am I the only one that does that? Well pay attention. Irene has a metal eye. Her right eye, to be exact. The fact that none of you noticed..." the cyborg 'wipes a tear from his eye' in the most over the top way possible. "Wow, friendship really is dead, isn't it."

"Speaking of dying friendship, not knowing each others jobs is just sad. You really expected to live on here for a year? Come on, it's been like a week." With that, it proceeds to spread sheets of paper detailing everyone's character sheets personal profile.

"But man Dan, I feel shocked. Shamed. Saddened. To think you would say I did it? The only reason I kill anyone is if they break the rules. And you can't say you weren't warned. That idiot knew very well what he was getting into before I shot him up real good."

"Ah, the memories. Of course, you wouldn't bring up me doing it unless you had proof, riiiiiight?" It starts moving a bit, as if in some awkward dance. "Come on. I wanna see it. I wanna see the proof that I was behind the murder of one of your precious crewmates. Talk is cheap after all, bucko."
"Well you did murder 'one of our precious crewmates', Adam. Not with guns, what do you mean shot him up anyway? Besides, Dan, how do you suppose the borg poisoned someone who was in the bar everytime I saw them, he isn't exactly the most sneaky of folks."
"Oh my gooooood." The cyborg sounded...irate. "How many times do I have to tell you idiots, breaking the rules has consequences. You start breaking them, I start...fixing the problem. And to reitirate:"
Quote:4. Violence against the captain is strictly prohibited, as is destruction of cameras or tvs.
9.No hacking into doors anymore. I wouldn't have to make a rule if you would listen the first five damn times.
"The captain decided to break some rules, so I had to break him. And it's the same for all of you little shits!"

"Irene, however, didn't break any rules. And I'm not dishonest enough to plant fake evidence. In fact, I've got video evidence of everything that happened."

"Course, showing it now would make this entire thing pointless, so I'll prove my word AFTER you all choose the killer. Capiche?"
"Well clearly we should start some questioning. Namely of the people who are likely able to poison, i.e. the bartender and that beetanist, who apparently worked on plants at some point?"

Damn, maybe I shouldn't have stayed in the arcade so I could have actually seen some stuff. At least I'm basically clear.
"Pff. Easy. Syndie Sauce. Think about it. Say I frost a cookie with some and give it to Marcy. She eats it, walks around all day just fine, the next she falls over dead and nobody knows why."

Puff.

"Now I'd blame the chef be done with it, but I dunno if you've noticed but we ain't got PDAs. Ya know. The thing what you get that sorta stuff from."

"And who buys Syndie Sauce anyway? If you're gonna kill everyone, you get yourself a cyalume saber, load up on meth and coffee, and make the crew regret coming into work that day. 's what I'd do."

Dan blows smoke at Marcy.

"Now who do we know has access to stuff we can't get, and also access to us whenever it wants?"
"..............."

"Hey, you guys? This guy's boring me. And if you know me by now, then you know my time limits are based on how interested I am in what's happening."

"So if you want time to make more than a random guess, perhaps someone should disprove why I, your lovable companion of a robot, wouldn't kill someone who didn't break the rules? Or we can just pick someone at random and I can just wheel on out of here."

"I mean, you don't HAVE to stop him. It's only your lives on the line and all."