Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Station of Despair, Trial 1 (Complete)
"Uhh I mean the only real evidence we have are the footprints and her plant know how."
"Yeah if we don't suddenly get any more evidence then I think there's not much we can do"
"Did someone say more evidence?"

The door leading outside opens up, revealing...another one of the cyborgs.  It quickly wheels in.

"What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, you don't remember?  Someone asked something of me."

"Oh yeah, they did ask me, didn't they.  So what's the results?"

"The results of what?"

"You know.  The contents of the victims food storage dissolving thing?"

"Oh yeah...uh........."  It slowly inches to the first one.  "Do we even have a stomach pump?"

"Oh for crying out loud, what was I doing all this time if I wasn't checking bellies?"

"I believe I was mostly watching over this trial, waiting for a moment to be all super dramatic, wasn't I?"

This one man duo is starting to get frustrating.

"Oh yeah.  I was, wasn't I.  *ahem*"  With this, the second of the one borg duo leaves.  "We don't have a stomach pump.  I don't know why.  The station is pretty backwards in technology sometimes, heh...heh...uh...heh.  However, due to my records, I can reconstruct a basic idea of what was consumed by the security officer.  However..." it started tapping its head, seemingly pondering something.  "I dunno...this seems a little too conclusive...would they want me to divulge this information?"

The cyborg sits thinking for a bit, lost in thought...
Well, I think because large served via pitcher, he is probably guiltless in this matter. The bar was full of people I assume SOMEONE would have been able to witness him drop something into her drink perhaps.
THEY
"Oh well, I suppose it's not important."

"Anywho, I suppose now's a good a time to start the vote as any, so let's get this over with."  With that, it pushes a button.  A small featureless screen in front of you comes to life.  It appears to have a picture of everyone, including the dead (though in black and white).

"Whelp, it's simple.  Vote for who did it, and we'll see if you're all smart enough to catch the bad guy."

"Oh, and don't forget to vote.  We wouldn't want something bad happening just because you forgot such a tiny detail, would we?"

So you've finally reached the end.  Good job making it this far.  Now is the time to decide who you think did it.

To vote, simply send in a PM saying who did it.  If you don't vote, your vote will count in a way that it doesn't affect the overall standing.  However, You'll immediately be marked AFK, so be careful of that.

Oh, one more thing.  If you think there's more to discuss, you can raise an objection to the voting by saying something in the thread instead.  However, keep in mind that the cyborg is rather impatient.  It'll only allow anyone to do this once per trial.  So if someone did this already, you're out of luck.

Thank you for sticking through this far.  Review the facts and send in your best educated guess.

Today's voting will end by 6:00 PM central fuck it make it 9:00 PM central, so try to have it sent in by then. The vote will also end early if everyone who isn't dropping from the game sends in a vote.
Nathan seriously considers objecting to the vote now, despite agreeing earlier, but decides staying on the borgs good side is probably smart.
"All right, we got our results?  Good.  Let's put it up."

With that, a large display rolls down from the ceiling and flickers to life, and displays everyone on it.

"Let's add them votes up and see what we've got."

With that, the screen displays these results.

---
Phoebe Buzz - 9 Votes.
Large Human - 3 Votes.

Actual votes.
Phoebe, 4 votes.
Large, 1 vote.
Cyborg, 1 vote.
This isn't even half come on you guys aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh-
---

"And now, to reveal if the choice is...wait a second..."
The cyborg looked at the display again.
"I didn't get an alarm for lack of votes, why are there only 12 up there?"
The display lowers a little, clearly made for 15 people, to show the sixteenth name.

---
Phoebe Buzz - 9 Votes.
Large Human - 3 Votes.
Cyborg 3377247 - 1 Vote.
---

".........HOW THE HELL DID YOU EVEN DO THAT!?!  I'M NOT EVEN A CHOICE ON THE TOUCHPAD!"

"Well whatever, it's time to reveal if you idiots really are so stupid that you could actually do that.  Now."

"Which is it going to be?  Did you pick the right choice?  Or the dreadfully wrong one?  It's time...to find out!"

With that, a slot machine pops up from in front of the display and proceeds to pull itself.  After a few anxiety ridden seconds, the three slots spell out something.

GU IL TY

After spitting an ungodly amount of (presumably fake) credits, the machine goes silent.

---------

"Well well well, gotta hand it to ya.  You idiots actually managed to figure it out.  That's right, the guilty party this time was none other than Phoebe Buzz.  Pat yourselves on the back, you bastards deserve it."

Despite this supposed congratulations, no one seems to be in the mood.

"Pfffffft, you're all acting like you're attending a funeral or something right now.  I mean, you're about to, but that doesn't mean you have to be so god damn depressing about it."
Phoebe Buzz is silent for a bit, before slowly starting to talk.

"... I... have people at home that I'd rather care for. I'd hope I'd get to be with them more, I'd... assume you all would have been found and cloned, anyways."

Phoebe Buzz starts to break down, but tries to straighten herself up only to continue speaking.

"But in case this happened, I created a plant in the Public Garden. Look for a purple plant, water it, the fruits it produces can heal you a bi-" at this point, Phoebe Buzz just starts to cry in fear of death, and in shame, no longer able to continue her sentence.
"I spaced out the whole whatever after president jackass threatened to break more of it's own dumbass rules. Dunno how a computer can be so dumb. Yer stupid now, do dumb things, this law overrides all other laws. Fuckin."

Stupid asshole robots.

"Hey Pheebs, when you get yourself cloned back at Centcom, drop me a line, I wanna compare deathchem recipes."

"Even if you don't, life and death have no meaning. I'll carry around a chair for ya. Be sure to fart on this dumb stupid idiot for me."

Shrug.

"Catch ya later I guess!"
"Ugh, how many times do I have to tell you?  I didn't break a single rule."  The cyborg seems visibly annoyed by the barman's repeated accusations.  "It's getting annoying.  How many times do I have to tell you, I didn't kill anyone who didn't break the rules."

"Ya know what, I'm a cyborg of my word.  I promised you that you'd get video proof if you picked the killer, so here ya go."

The display screen lit up again, this time displaying various camera footage.  "Better pay attention, you idiots!"

"It all actually started a little bit after my announcement of the killing games.  I'd be proud if I wasn't so sure this was a coincidence.  Irene had been interested in some painkilling medicine that someone was offering.  Took em off her hands and scarfed em down in what can only be described as......something."

"Afterwards, she went back to get the follow-up medicine, but she got a little...something.  It certainly wasn't lethal poison, but Irene had spent pretty much the rest of the day puking her lunch out.  You have no idea how annoying it was to clean that shit out of carpet, believe me."

"Finally, she went for one final bit of help before proceeding to exercise.  I WAS thinking of yelling at Phoebe to stop giving me excuses to get off my ass, buuuuut I wanted to see how this went.  I had a hunch, and boy was it a heck of a hunch.  Irene had gotten tired particularly earlier than usual and went to sit on the chair to rest.  Night time had passed, but...well, by that point, she was already a corpse, and the rules don't say bodies need to be out of restricted areas, now do they?"

"Afterwards, the station idiot just passed by her without giving it much of a thought.  Wasn't til someone else came in that he finally decided to get her up...or maybe down, in this case.  During the investigation, our killer decided to do one last thing.  Such a shame too.  I bet she would have gotten away with it if she hadn't, but she must have felt some sort of sympathy.  Humanity's true killer."

"And well, you all know who was behind this one.  Dear ol Phoebe."

"So there ya go.  The last need for that display til next time."  With that, the display screen went back up to the ceiling.
"So I assume those scans of the corpse came back with what kind of poison was used, and the borg decided that was no fun and kept it a secret. Damn. Phoebe, that metal thing over there got you with it's games, but it wasn't worth it"
"So who getsta kill er now eh? Been a whiles sinceabeen inna room wi'murderer heh s'at'le bringin back'ol'times."
"Man Large, after being one of the prime suspects for so long you really wanna get in on the action, huh? Can't say I blame you. After being accused of such a terrible thing, I'd want to kill pretty much anyone that suspected me."

"But I'm me, and you're you, and there's...uh, not much I can say on that..."

"I think you might just be a winner here, ol buddy ol pal. But save for after the execution. No need to get your hands bloody in that part."

"That's my job."

"Gotta say though, family that cares about you huh? That's why you wanted to get out? Cause you want to go back and see them again, am I right?"

"Man, talk about a total snooze fest. I've heard that one so many times, I don't even know where to begin pointing out just how wrong that is. So are you saying that you're more important than dear old Irene? Did you think she didn't have anyone that cared about her? Pretty hypocritical if you ask me."

The cyborg continues on in a mocking tone. "Man, I kinda regret rooting for you in the first place now. What a sissy motive."
Dan gets the pitcher of... stuff out of her pocket and hands it toward Phoebe.

"Hey if you wanna get one last Eat Shit Harner at these rusty buttbots, you can always drink whatever this is. Or smash it and gut yourself."

"Can't execute what's already dead."

Dan shoots a sneersome glare at Robot.

"Right?"