Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Station of Despair, Trial 1 (Complete)
" Wait'a second wadasecond wait a fuckin- fuck- assin' second- "
Large slams his fists into his podium. His torso jiggles unsettlingly from the effort.
" Plants. Herbs. Headache. Bar. Poison. I know whodunner in. "
He stares directly at Phoebe.
" An right'n broad day-space-light. Nobo-y brings the feds t'my bar, you sloppy drugfucker."
Phoebe Buzz sighs.

"We've already covered that ground, someone else managed to steal some of my herbs. That is why I asked for the records of everyone, to examine them for others that know how these things work."
"Yeahn who's says someone's stole them? Hmm? You did.
I seen't you feeder some green rubbish right'n fronna my face yeah? I ain't never seen no vegetables growin nowhere"
he pauses and sneers.
"Why you's growin'em poisons anyhow? Ain't like we ain't got nanomed-"
"...wait. Mr. Cyborg, if I may.

During your rant just now, did you just say we don't have to stop... him?"
Jonathon makes a little dramatic sound as response to that shocker
"Yeah. You don't have to stop him from boring me. We can vote right now."

"Or is Dan a female? Oh, do you identify as female? I identify as a helicopter sometimes. Yesterday, I identified as a soda machine for some reason."

"Moods are kinda like that."

"Wait, what was I talking about again?"
"Ye were jussaboutta tellus how Phoebe poisonned some broad and how that gets'yer rocks off ya fuckin tin doofus.
Lookit all a'yall, sittin' round himmin an' hawin' like ya aint never been ta jale or nothin. Ain't nobody know's shit bout plants but her, and nerds aint a be trusted. "
"The Plant I fed her was a different plant, and it was for stopping headaches and the like. Nanomeds are for on-demand healing, and let me tell you: Those patches that remove bruises? They fucking sting. So don't pin this on the one who grew the plants."

"Also, you're trying quite hard to pin this on me, how do we know you didn't poison her? Unless I missed something in our last talks, you're the one who's always been with chemicals, much more poisonous than any plant I could make."
"You were talking about how... well, nevermind. I thought you meant 'him' the culprit, but don't suppose so." Marcy attempts to sigh disappointedly, and promptly coughs from inhaling the thrown cigarette fumes she'd ignored until now.

"Anyways, as suspect as Large is for being the bartender he was also the one who scanned Irene's body with a reagent scanner. I suspected him earlier, but... I also don't think Irene's killer would be so quick to reveal evidence that helps us figure out the cause of death. As for you, Phoebe, where did you spend most of your time on the ship after we all left the gym for the first time?"
"yeah maybe tha's the nice thin' aboot clear vessels n' an open werkspace mm? when'th'fuck'di'd've hadda chance ta? Not like Ms. grows-plants-aint-nobody-aint-heard-of-before-from - An ya still aint answered me, why ya growin' poison if'yaint finna poison summet? "
"Was the public garden always an area of interest on our handy case maps? At least the borgs helping with that, I guess. Did anyone other than Phoebe check out the public garden?"
"I spent most of my time at the Public Garden, growing plants."

"As we said before we started this trial, the poisons were for medicines. Treat it a certain way and you can get powerful medical things, that can bring people back to life from the deepest of injuries. Assuming they haven't already died, I mean."

"You also could have easily poisoned her by just spiking the drink, once she drinks the chemical she'll have it in her until it activates. But what Marcy says is true, I wouldn't expect the killer to reveal evidence so early."
Jonathon raises his stubby arm.

"Right before the trial I checked it out. Outside of the main route in the hall every single other set of footprints were the same. Including a fresh set leading to a empty plant plot."

He sits down and let's it all sink in.
"The fresh set is most likely mine, I took out the plant to use as evidence. You sure there weren't any other foot prints?"
"I don't think so. Now I'm not pointing fingers but I want to remind you that your job and some of the other evidence we have doesn't paint a good image of you. Jusssst saying."