Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[FEATURE] thermoelectric generator statistical analyzer [READY AF - CODER PLS LOOK]
Lightbulb 
i am implementing the idea I wrote about here.

it is not ready. when it is ready i will post a proper diff.

you can find my code here:

https://uglyman.kremlin.cc/gitweb/gitweb...actorstats

THINGS THAT ARE WORKING:
  • computer terminal you can interact with that is properly pulling characteristic gas values from the combustion chamber.

THINGS I NEED TO DO:
  • write object that samples/reports gas data from pipes in the loops, a la /obj/machinery/meter
  • decide whether the link between the computer terminal and gas sensors should be implemented via the network/packet system (/obj/machinery/computer3/) or continue like it is now, where it just magically finds the right sensors and gets the values from them directly. i am tending towards the latter as i already think this thing is going to hoover up waaaay too much performance. besides who is going to want to hack this ingame. nobody.
  • write the html/css interface for the window that pops up upon interacting with the computer.
  • write all of the math functions for calculating all the calculus.

THINGS I NEED FROM YOU:
  • sprites for the computer terminal and the gas loop pipe sensors

THINGS I MIGHT HAVE BROKEN:
  • the camera in engineering near all the computers on cogmap1

you can probably help me with this! find me and ask me on irc/discord/here/wherever.
[Image: cogmap-area.png]

i am very proud of my area sprite
I can help with the computer sprites, they are very easy to do. I'll report back later today.
It is done.

[Image: eY17EEk.gif]

[Image: M2bkEaV.gif]

I hope it is what you had in mind. Could you explain what you wanted in terms of the gas loop pipe sensors? I'm not sure how you intend them to look. A rough idea or a link to a picture of the web would help.

Edit: I'll report later and provide the actual frames, effort of doing right now, it's 29 frames to export, which is a little bit tedious.
it's perfect! thanks so much!

the gas loop sensor should be pretty unremarkable. it should look like the pressure sensors located on the loops already.

thanks again!
[Image: gen1.png]

i am starting to approach the finish line with this thing.

right now, i am implementing a "scoring" system based off the data the computer/sensors collect. roughly speaking, you will get points for building generator setups that produce a lot of power output very quickly. high scores will be saved across rounds. i am hoping to breath some life back into the CE/engineering jobs through this competition (of sorts), and what i think would be really cool is if there were reward/medals/etc. for certain achievements. i also started a second, private, branch for things i'd like to keep secret -- throughout coding this i got pretty familiar with the atmospherics engine & had a lot of ideas to enhance this aspect of the game in a way where people would have to dig a little to discover.
Full .dmi here for the computer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uucw6r9...sp=sharing

This was a fucking bitch to import from .png to .dmi I tell you h'wat, but in the process I've thought myself how to actually implement animated stuff for future projects so coders don't have to deal with that headache.

Regarding the heat sensor, it's almost done.
(11-08-2017, 04:11 PM)Sundance Wrote: Full .dmi here for the computer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uucw6r9...sp=sharing

This was a fucking bitch to import from .png to .dmi I tell you h'wat, but in the process I've thought myself how to actually implement animated stuff for future projects so coders don't have to deal with that headache.

Regarding the heat sensor, it's almost done.

awesome! thanks so much for the effort. i am so happy with how it looks! <3

ive been busy with a new job for the last week or so but finally now have some time to polish up a release candidate. stay tuned

edit: imported: https://uglyman.kremlin.cc/gitweb/gitweb...2fb63cc3ec thanks again

shoot, uhh, how hard would it be to make a right-facing version of this icon?

if it's more than negligible, i will rework the map to find a place where it fits
I can definetely give it a shot if you're stuck. However like most of the right/left facing versions of the computer screens, they're not as pretty as the front facing as they do not convey as much info at first glance.
(11-23-2017, 09:01 AM)Sundance Wrote: I can definetely give it a shot if you're stuck. However like most of the right/left facing versions of the computer screens, they're not as pretty as the front facing as they do not convey as much info at first glance.

that's a good point i hadn't thought of, it'd be a shame to obscure such a cool icon. i'll find a front-facing place
I WAS TOLD TO POST HERE
big update hooray code! broken not

[Image: iU6ejSe.png]

[Image: 6hMLFi7.png]

[Image: 0mS9U76.png]

[Image: Xd6rs7y.png]

[Image: jV5LEpT.png]

[Image: 2Htc4LO.png]

this shit will be ready soon. all i have left to do is flesh out the UI, tackle XXX's, get rid of my debugging crap, optimize things

the main data collection, sampling and processing routines are f i n i s h e d. they ain't even that expensive either, fool:

Code:
                                                     Profile results (total time)
Proc Name                                                                                 Self CPU    Total CPU    Real Time        Calls
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    ---------    ---------    ---------    ---------
/obj/machinery/power/reactor_stats/process                                                   0.043        0.328        0.328          236

that is my biggest concern out of the way, profiling confirms my code won't slow down the space man game. it also confirms i'm very handsome.

as always, you can find my code here.

if you are coder, i might suggest giving my code a once-over, the main source file is approaching a thousand lines and i don't wish to overwhelm folks when i (shortly!) submit a final patch/release candidate

if you have questions, please ask them, to me, over irc or discord (pref), or here. don't hesitate, if you think i have fucked something up then i probably have because i am inexperienced with DM. if you are curious and wish to ask idle questions, ask them, i get more than you'd think from talking things out with people and working through problems posed from another viewpoint. help me help you

if you don't care about this at all yet nonetheless wish to leave good tidings, then please post good job kremlin or that's fairly fuckin neato kremlin, kudos in this thread along with a photograph of an oryx, ibex, or opossom, which are my favorite animals
good job kremlin

here is an oryx: [Image: Onix-Pokemon-Go.png]
I didn't quite understand what you were trying to do but when I saw the UI with the first and second derrivatives on just about everything I could possibly care about and now I've moistened my seat and I need to get a change of clothes. 
that's fairly fuckin neato kremlin, kudos [DISCLAIMER I CARE A LOT]
IT'S DONE

holy shit...omfg

i've published a tagged commit -- release candidate one!

at this point in time, my code achieves all of the base functionality i set out to implement without egregious bugs or any runtime errors i can trigger. it is ready for review!
it is ready for integration!

here is what the final displays look like:

[Image: 4hseA8Y.png]

[Image: HkZJA85.png]

[Image: SZSN7DF.png]

here is a profiling dump of my test server running the release candidate

this shit is ready to go and i need coders to work with me on the steps needed to get this committed. it's not going to be easy. it's going to be a lot of work. i will do all of that work i'm able to do, and i will very actively help you on the rest.

[Image: amd-busha-jpg.jpg]