Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pod Lasers/Phasers
At escape, the Pod Lasers and Phasers can go right through the doors.
However, normal handheld versions of these guns can't.

People use this constantly to fire endless streams of shots down the hallways, it sucks and seems sort of like a bug more than anything else
I understand Phasers, as it's in the namesake, and they ARE pretty weak, but yeah, lasers sounds sort of buggy and OP, unless the coders wanted them to be extra special POD lasers. Otherwise, I agree, it is very cheap and not cool.
It's especially odd because pod lasers have a hard time going through windows and grilles properly, too.
I've noticed this, too. I think it's something relating to how you can see right through the doors, including what's on the other side. Probably some mixed up code with glass airlocks or something, this is the case for most space airlocks.

david2222121 Wrote:It's especially odd because pod lasers have a hard time going through windows and grilles properly, too.
They actually go through windows just fine, projectiles have a chance of getting stopped by grilles. Works for bullets and lasers.
External airlocks with windows in them are letting the lasers through, I figured they had windows in them so you should be able to see through them. Lasers go through those. Grilles have a chance of blocking shots.