Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floor Drains and puddle mechanics
Something I noticed about the place I work is a lot of drains in the floors, especially across doorways because of the large amount of liquids that build up.

So I was thinking, with the way the station tends to get completely filled with blood, we could have some drains like that which stop floor liquid from crossing over.

EDIT: Maybe pair this with new fluid puddle mechanics. Puddles contain a certain unit of chems. Larger the units, larger the puddle. When a puddle reached a certain unit threshold, it spreads the excess units into neighboring tiles, favoring ones that already have some puddles formed. Walking through puddles removes units and spreads them as footprints, drag marks, etc
so they'd suck up liquids on the floor near them, essentially? should also definitely stop foam a little. foam can go around drains cause it spreads so fast but the tile with the drain is clear?
install floor drains good. now we can break out the hose
I figure it's part blocking liquids, part drying them up/making them unslick quicker
This is all implemented now (and more - we can simulate deep pools of fluid, not just puddles!)
strangest thing is that I had been working on this feature behind closed doors for about a week before you posted this topic. Are you spying on me? did you wiretap my room??!