Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MISREPORT: AI's CAN use packet-magic to recall the shuttle.
Right, was playing as AI, asked the captain for the Authentication Disk, and got the code: 5040 Zeta-682.
Then I crafted this packet is SigPal:
Code:
add address_1 02008f81
add command recall
add shuttle_id emergency
add acc_code 5040 Zeta-682
transmit
and got a conformation of transmission. But the Shuttle was not recalled.
Saving the packet and transmitting that didn't work either.

I watched the captain successfully call and recall the shuttle multiple times from the COMMS-console in the captains quarters, while I was using the desktop computer on the table next to it, so I am pretty sure the connection was (supposed to be) functional. (map was Cog1)

Is this a bug or a feature?

Incidentally, using the new camera-ghost to interact with computers or terminals causes every line to be printed twice(as in the full response is show on screen 2 times, one responce above the other.).

Update: So after some careful fact checking and proper packet crafting, I was able to call and recall the shuttle using packet magic. So this is no longer an issue.
I think it's suppose to prevent players from writing laws forcing the AI to recall the shuttle whenever?

That's all I could think of. I could be wrong since I didn't code the game after all, but if I could think of a reason why the AI can't normally recall the shuttle, that would be it.
Packet looks correct, and sending a packet bypasses the normal commaster check to see if the user is an AI or logged in as the AI...

unless it's actually blocked or something else was wrong I believe this should have worked
I have noticed on a few maps that computers and terminals do not have proper network connection due to having wireless cards, while being stationary terminals on data-terminals.
However, since I got a conformation of transmission, I don't think that was the case either.
(10-22-2017, 11:13 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I have noticed on a few maps that computers and terminals do not have proper network connection due to having wireless cards, while being stationary terminals on data-terminals.
However, since I got a conformation of transmission, I don't think that was the case either.

You can send packets to invalid address and it will still give you that transmit confirmation, its just that nothing on the network will listen to it

The way the network appears to be is that its just a single subnet and that all packets are sent multicast (so like there are routers - and instead of using macs we call them pnet and wnet id’s to address individual devices through our broadcasts)

There is some funny business with dipswitches on databanks that supposably mess with vlan tagging or something but I see litteraly zero use of said feature...nor have I actually tried to make it work

All that aside, you can use (periph I think..) a command in both dwaine and thinkdos to configure which network adapter to use and in the case of a wireless card the radio frequency as well

unrelated but the nerd in me wishes we had space routers to route between the station and other comm arrays as if they were seperate networks
I think the AI now has a recall shuttle command. Not sure how long that has been in there but I noticed it when trying out the new camera
(10-23-2017, 09:59 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think the AI now has a recall shuttle command. Not sure how long that has been in there but I noticed it when trying out the new camera

even though the command is all lowercase and can only be accessed from the AI eye, not from the core, it does seem strange that it hasn't been removed
(10-23-2017, 11:42 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 09:59 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think the AI now has a recall shuttle command. Not sure how long that has been in there but I noticed it when trying out the new camera

even though the command is all lowercase and can only be accessed from the AI eye, not from the core, it does seem strange that it hasn't been removed

that was a debug thing it got removed
(10-23-2017, 09:40 AM)Sov Wrote: You can send packets to invalid address and it will still give you that transmit confirmation, its just that nothing on the network will listen to it
This is not an aspect that I throughly checked when crafting the packet. I will do so at my earliest convenience.

Update: So after some careful fact checking and proper packet crafting, I was able to call and recall the shuttle using packet magic. So this is no longer an issue.