Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major PDA messages ''scan for PDA's" function breaks (Workaound found)
I can't consistently produce this bug, but I am reporting it anyway, because it is very disruptive.

Sometimes when I use the PDA I spawn with, and go to messages and click the "scan for PDA's" (or whatever the text says), the operation fails. No additional people are added to the list, even when there absolutely are more active PDA's around. This seems to persist on the spawned-with PDA for the rest of the round. It also renders the PDA unable to send or receive messages of any kind. It is not due to simply having the "send/receive messages" option turned off, unless that setting somehow persists over mutliple rounds.

I can work around it by using the messenger function on a different PDA, but that is a huge hassle.
Yeah I've had this occur a few times, very annoying. Especially bad when you want to transfer a program to someone else. Also, from what I remember I think other people can keep sending you messages, they just don't appear in the list.
Can also confirm this

I believe i also wasnt able to send a file to someone i did have scanned at one point until i got a new pda, but i could be misremembering
I am vaguely under the impression that this bug has something to do with the 'packet sniffer' and 'packet sender' programs on the Network diagnostics card (and derivatives). Can you guys confirm that?
I know i was engaging in packet tomfoolery at the time, but I have no concrete proof it's related.
Well, I accidently found exactly how this happens. If you switch the frequency on the ping tool in the network diagnostics cart or mechanics cart, it changes the frequency PDAs are scanned on. Changing it back to 114.9 fixes it. This doesn't seem like intended behavior, but hey, easy fix!
(01-21-2018, 08:29 AM)Triacontakai Wrote: easy fix!
Nice. I updated the topic title, should anybody stumble across the problem.