Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Let Genetics change your name when cloning.
See Title: 
Allow someone to change the name field in your cloning records, so when they glue your bits back together you can be a new dude.
This would also fix the problem of having your name stuck as "Cluwne" for eternity even after getting decluwned.
thats why I was thinking about it, and figured it should just be baked into the cloner / scanner.
also provides very creative traitor gimmick opportunities.
Awesome idea, and I'd say it should also probably be something geneticists could do right from the genetics terminals, as well. I mean they can literally change your species, making you have a new name seems easier.
Not a fan. It'll be more people looking to mess with others than something actually useful. The person getting cloned most likely will have no say in the naming.
You can already sorta do this by slapping the brain into a monkey, then cloning the monkey. Cloned person will have the monkey's name.
(10-20-2017, 02:12 PM)Flourish Wrote: Not a fan. It'll be more people looking to mess with others than something actually useful. The person getting cloned most likely will have no say in the naming.

my thoughts exactly
(10-20-2017, 02:12 PM)Flourish Wrote: Not a fan. It'll be more people looking to mess with others than something actually useful. The person getting cloned most likely will have no say in the naming.

I mean, that's already a thing for the AI, this at the least involves either a) being willingly scanned or b) being dead, in which case coming back as "Fart Sniffer Johnson" isn't the worst tradeoff. 

I'm more into seeing a geneticist go murder someone in the bar, drag him to cloning, swap identities with him, and then put him in DNA JALE.
What if this ONLY worked at the genetics station, I.E. you have to either willingly get into the pod or be incapacitated and thrown in, in which case it's still better than being made a spastic blind mute?

Agreed. This would just be annoying.
(10-20-2017, 05:49 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: What if this ONLY worked at the genetics station, I.E. you have to either willingly get into the pod or be incapacitated and thrown in, in which case it's still better than being made a spastic blind mute?

this would be better. or, when you get scanned, you personally can choose a new name. so being dead you'd get normal name, alive you can choose
(10-20-2017, 06:13 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 05:49 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: What if this ONLY worked at the genetics station, I.E. you have to either willingly get into the pod or be incapacitated and thrown in, in which case it's still better than being made a spastic blind mute?

this would be better. or, when you get scanned, you personally can choose a new name. so being dead you'd get normal name, alive you can choose

I'd be more supportive of this version. Somewhat think it should also randomize your appearance and genetics traits