Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Body temperature
Currently, people in-game have a body temperature that's rather inconsistent. I.e. sometimes it will sit at around 18 degrees Celsius the whole shift. The human body rests at around 37 degrees Celsius, however. It should regulate itself and slowly reach 37°C if there's nothing currently affecting it.

Also, chemicals, even if they're cooler than the current body temperature, will continuously drop in temperature while inside someone. It'd be nice if they rose or fell in, in accordance to the current body temperature.
I think body temperature is one of those things that doesn't currently do anything, because if it did everyone would be dead 10 minutes into each round on account of the fact that space is extremely cold.
(10-18-2017, 02:15 AM)locusts Wrote: I think body temperature is one of those things that doesn't currently do anything, because if it did everyone would be dead 10 minutes into each round on account of the fact that space is extremely cold.

1) yeah but space is outside not inside, the station is room temperature
2) it definetly does something, if its to cold you slow down if its to hot you start dying, as demonstrated by walking into hellburns and into space without protection
3) you only take cold damage when there isn't a floor under you
I'm not too concerned about body heat realism, but my gripe is that the current system makes chems rapidly cool down once they're inside your body for some reason. No idea why.
There's something comical about getting your own blood to be hotter than the sun while suffering no otherwise ill effects.

But yeah, body temperature does nothing besides regulate movement speeds, it seems.