Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which map had the best...
after eating a biscuit i decided i would make this poll

"which map had the best medbay?"

cog1 sweeped the medbay poll, now lets see what people think about the brig. personally i think donut's medbay was great. nice and compact

Medbay Poll Results 10/14/17-10/23/17
http://www.strawpoll.me/14166739/r

Brig Poll 10/23/17 - 10/30/17
http://www.strawpoll.me/14224374

Which map had the best Brig?
Cog 2 has a nice, open lobby for maximizing your covering in disgusting fluids endeavors imo
Cog 1. For MDs it's open, everything-in-reach layout is quick and efficient for healing and cloning. For non-MDs it's not completely impossible to help somebody in an emergency. Or to blow it up. Medical shouldn't be fort knox imo.

If you're taking aesthetics into account then I actually prefer Clarion. It's my second overall favorite, actually.
I like Cog1 medbay a lot. It's got an open layout, there's a nice waiting area, there's some nice nooks like the employee lounge
The BEST medbay?

My heart is telling me Donut 2, but I know it has to be Cogmap 1.
Cog1 for sure.
I like Cog1's medbay for the simple fact that a tiny hole in the reception area doesnt depressurize a quarter of the station. Even if someone blows up the cloner, the pharmacy is still likely to have air. Much of the useful areas are clustered in an easily seeable and accessible layout. Genetics isn't its own secret dork lair. Robotics is right there for throwing brains. There aren't really any places that don't often get traffic, like Cog2's secretary cubicle, recovery wing (?), or breakroom, since they're either passed through to get somewhere frequented, or stuck close by to high traffic areas.

Also, lots of medkits. And everything is super visible, you can tell if someone's been murderhidden in a bed or getting mutilated by traitors. Plenty of long sightlines for shooting, but also enough cover to make it less of a gunfight deathtrap. And there's sleepers in the reception area that arent hidden in "Whoops your corpse is lost forever" nooks.
Best station for atmosphere? Donut 2 (Zeta Station, Singularity location, etc), followed by CogMap 2 (EVERYTHING)

Best station for utility & layout? Cogmap 1.

Best station for memories? Ovarystation.
all about dat Shroom station lads, best Medbay for hijinks given it was quite embedded with Research and a loada Maintenance. The whole right side of the ship was a horror show every round.
My theory is that most people simply haven't really played on the Clarion to realize how great its medbay is. Lots of supplies, cloning is near a main hall (and right next to genetics, in an effort to get geneticists to pay attention), there's an actual pharmacy, and the whole layout is very nice and orderly. And Pathology is beautiful.
mushroom had the best brig by far
(10-24-2017, 12:02 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: mushroom had the best brig by far

100% agree.

Still hoping for a updated Mushroom at some point.
(10-24-2017, 01:31 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

100% agree.

Still hoping for a updated Mushroom at some point.

fyi mushroom is updated, just depends on when it's ran
Can you elabora...
me customv checks the map on the hub.
me customv sees no Gen-pop brig.
me customv sees 3 isolation cells... and an empty windowless room, without a parole chute.
Yeah, that looks pretty good.
Clarion clearly has the best medbay, it's amazing.