Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
remove all cluwne effects with spaceacillin
thing is though, a wizard can get fireball + staff + empower + polymorph/cluwne for easy kills.

wizard is good but needs some severe changes for people not to hate it, but everyone always will hate an antag of this nature so
I definitely agree that wizard needs some major overhauls, but seeing as how we're hitting several years worth of 'major wiz overhaul' threads fizzling out, I think it's pretty clear that the chance of any significant changes to wizards is a million to one.

Until then, wizards will remain firmly stuck in either 'gargantuan dick' or 'easy street to murder town' mode, and I'd rather have the former keep its bite rather than encourage all wizards to head straight for maximum killyness.

(And frankly if a wizard adds in Cluwne/Polymorph into a murder mix he's <i>slowing down</i> his murdering, because waiting out the cooldowns on those is pointless when non-cluwnes/animals die just as quickly to the murdery spells as anything else, and if a wizard cluwnes a guy then proceeds to fireball him over and over until he explodes, it's not like curing cluwnism is going to be of very much use there)
(10-14-2017, 11:16 PM)Roomba Wrote: Reminder: Cluwne/Polymorph have longer cooldowns than the actually lethal spells because being a cluwne/animal is meant to be at least as troublesome as being straight-up dead. Most wizards who cluwne/polymorph people are generally happy to let their targets stumble around in cluwne/animal form as long as they don't get in the way. If it's too easy to get back to normal from being a cluwne, wizards will just drop it and go back to spamming fireballs/empower+staff/hellgolems to kill people as rapidly as possible.

that's why i'm saying it doesn't have to be as easy as being injected with spaceacillin, perhaps a harder to create chem would be more appropriate. same thing for critters, because to be completely fair when i'm polymorphed i'd rather just kill myself than to actually continue the round. those two spells are in general just so disabling that it's hard to want to complete a round when you're constantly bashing your head on the ground, dropping items and having 3 staff assistants wanting to kill you just because you're cluwne'd even AFTER you've been "cured". i've never seen chaplains decluwne somebody, mostly because most of the time when we need our Lord Heavenly Father's prophet, they aren't present during a wizard round. i just find all these cures to be relying on someONE rather than someTHING inside of the game
Kill cluwne, clone cluwne.
(10-15-2017, 08:11 AM)brojob Wrote: those two spells are in general just so disabling that it's hard to want to complete a round when you're constantly bashing your head on the ground, dropping items and having 3 staff assistants wanting to kill you just because you're cluwne'd even AFTER you've been "cured".

This is against the rules.  If you're no longer cluwned and people are still trying to murder you, admin help it.  We had a shitler try to insist stupid logic that he was in the right for doing this and he was so insistent that the admins cluwned him for it.

He argued about it for the entire god damn round too.
Note on the chaplain being able to cure cluwning: I experienced it myself and can confirm it works.
(10-15-2017, 10:04 AM)Technature Wrote: We had a shitler try to insist stupid logic that he was in the right for doing this and he was so insistent that the admins cluwned him for it.

He argued about it for the entire god damn round too.

The obvious solution is to make cluwning no longer change your name to "cluwne", or at least fix it so being decluwned via cloning or chaplain will return your name back to normal. As far as I am aware the only way to get your name back right now is to take a blood sample of yourself BEFORE you get cluwned, and to stable mutagen yourself with it after you get cluwned.
I'd honestly rather have cluwning be completely incurable except through cloning/borging/strange reagent mad science.
(10-16-2017, 10:45 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I'd honestly rather have cluwning be completely incurable except through cloning/borging/strange reagent mad science.
Disease based cluwnes should be curable. Magic ones not so much
when injected with spaceacillin cluwns instantly start scratching their faces until they die.
i would like to point out med bots inject spacescillin even when you don't have a disease
I feel like wizard just needs a re balance

Perhaps cluwne could run out after a bit
(10-17-2017, 10:21 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Perhaps cluwne could run out after a bit

Right now the clothes eventually fall off, but the clumsiness and name remain.
(10-17-2017, 10:59 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Right now the clothes eventually fall off, but the clumsiness and name remain.

yeah that's the main gripe i have, i think it'd be better if all effects were negated by spaceacillin