Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Allow people to speak after getting tazed
People don't suspect Security of being antags. They do, however, suspect them of being shit. The word shitcurity is stupid, but it exists for a reason. I've been demoted, arrested, and outright killed because people believe the antag over me, and it's several kinds of frustrating when it happens.

I doubt this would be a major player, but minor things add up. You give constant reasons for people to not want to play something, they'll get the hint eventually. And saying "Well the nerf wouldn't matter cause it only affects one type of person" really doesn't cut it for me, especially when I know from personal experience it isn't true.

I'm sorry, but I'm not budging on this one.
Tasers are fine. The same thing happens when you come out of space or a room with no 02 anyways, you gasp for a bit even if the 02 warning sign goes away.
(10-15-2017, 01:00 AM)Hikurac Wrote: The only antags it affects is ling and wizard, but like I said earlier, it has very little impact on wizards.

And wrestlers. And revolutionaries and Gang members. And traitors with freedom implants. Also martians if they ever get added.
Hell no to this. If I'm tasing and arresting someone as sec I'd prefer them to stay silent long enough for me to cuff them and drag them back to the brig for safe and coherent interrogation. If you let them spam the global channel you can expect shitty crew members, their mindslaves or other antags looking to interfere to be all over you before you even get done cuffing em.
(10-15-2017, 01:14 AM)Technature Wrote: People don't suspect Security of being antags. They do, however, suspect them of being shit. The word shitcurity is stupid, but it exists for a reason. I've been demoted, arrested, and outright killed because people believe the antag over me, and it's several kinds of frustrating when it happens.

I doubt this would be a major player, but minor things add up. You give constant reasons for people to not want to play something, they'll get the hint eventually. And saying "Well the nerf wouldn't matter cause it only affects one type of person" really doesn't cut it for me, especially when I know from personal experience it isn't true.

Three months into playing security and the only thing that's come from people using the radio after I cuffed them, is the clown trying to take them away one time. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but if that's true, it seems pretty clear that the players involved were just looking for an excuse to lynch you, rather than a valid reason to believe you were the perp.

Quote:Hell no to this. If I'm tasing and arresting someone as sec I'd prefer them to stay silent long enough for me to cuff them and drag them back to the brig for safe and coherent interrogation. If you let them spam the global channel you can expect shitty crew members, their mindslaves or other antags looking to interfere to be all over you before you even get done cuffing em.

Yeah, I can see that at least. I imagine antags would take the opportunity to mess with an arrest.

Quote:And wrestlers. And revolutionaries and Gang members. And traitors with freedom implants.

How does this affect any of them? I'm not talking about the KO effect, I'm referring to the choking effect that happens prior to it.
(10-17-2017, 05:16 PM)Hikurac Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 01:14 AM)Technature Wrote: People don't suspect Security of being antags.  They do, however, suspect them of being shit.  The word shitcurity is stupid, but it exists for a reason.  I've been demoted, arrested, and outright killed because people believe the antag over me, and it's several kinds of frustrating when it happens.

I doubt this would be a major player, but minor things add up.  You give constant reasons for people to not want to play something, they'll get the hint eventually.  And saying "Well the nerf wouldn't matter cause it only affects one type of person" really doesn't cut it for me, especially when I know from personal experience it isn't true.

Three months into playing security and the only thing that's come from people using the radio after I cuffed them, is the clown trying to take them away one time. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but if that's true, it seems pretty clear that the players involved were just looking for an excuse to lynch you, rather than a valid reason to believe you were the perp.

Quote:Hell no to this. If I'm tasing and arresting someone as sec I'd prefer them to stay silent long enough for me to cuff them and drag them back to the brig for safe and coherent interrogation. If you let them spam the global channel you can expect shitty crew members, their mindslaves or other antags looking to interfere to be all over you before you even get done cuffing em.

Yeah, I can see that at least. I imagine antags would take the opportunity to mess with an arrest.

Quote:And wrestlers. And revolutionaries and Gang members. And traitors with freedom implants.

How does this affect any of them? I'm not talking about the KO effect, I'm referring to the choking effect that happens prior to it.

You try to arrest someone with a wrestling belt without knocking them out?

It doesn't end well for you.

Ever.

Edit:I didn't read the whole thing, if Gang members can choke out random words over the radio every single person that works for that gang will immediately be alerted that Security is fucking with them and will probably start targeting them, even if they don't (actually especially if they don't) form coherent sentences. Congratulations, you now have an army after you. Same thing with Revs.

Do not nerf the strongest easy to get tool in Security's rather pathetic weaponry.

Still giving this a hard NO.
im very against this due to people's graytiding nature and the fact that it is security's only decent weapon, really. other than the fact that people steal tasers easy (dunno what the deal ever was with security implants that apparently happened a billion years ago) there are many more pros than cons.

i'll admit, i don't play sec very often, but in the times I have, there have been a LOT of instances where i have to fight off most of the crew because the guy with the c saber said he was unjustly arrested and the crew is too bored not to be assholes
I agree this idea is downright awful. This would make things needlessly harder for Security.