Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Allow people to speak after getting tazed
I'm not sure why it mutes you in the first place, other than to enable you to taze and toolbox someone to death, without a peep on their part. I understand causing them to stutter a lot, but not completely preventing them from speaking.
the way the taser works on goon is it zaps the person until they pass out. you can't talk while passed out
Game mechanic wise, the taser does HEAVY stamina damage and slows a target heavily (a single shot kills almost the entire bar). When someone has less than 0 stamina, they're knocked out until they recover enough stamina to be above 0.

Real life wise, talking while tased is really fucking hard okay?
Can you still see why KO'd? Because the person is fully awake, they just start choking and can't speak.

Also yeah, talking would be hard, which is why I suggested stuttering.
you also have a chance to choke when tased but not unconscious, i guess due to how hard it is to talk while tased. if you are barely conscious after being tased, you have a VERY high chance of choking and stuff
(10-13-2017, 10:10 PM)Hikurac Wrote: Can you still see why KO'd? Because the person is fully awake, they just start choking and can't speak.

Also yeah, talking would be hard, which is why I suggested stuttering.

Your sight is greatly downgraded when unconscious, as if you were blind.  What you see could be seen as potentially what you can feel.
obviously NT illegally boosts their tasers to the highest of capacity.
honestly this sounds like a good idea, turn certain kinds of stuns into gibberish talk instead of gasps.
that way you can still claw at your radio and " GHAaAAAsffFFF - CKKKSKS FFFFF AAAaaaA"
Yes, only if it sounds totally un-understandable.

AI turns into E-E-EE-EEH-H-Ha-A-E-Eee

Captain turns into KHA-HA-Ap-EEE-E-E-HA-EEn-NN
ect
exactly. It's just enough to know someone somewhere is being tazed, but not more.
To be honest, tasers causing knockout is probably a balancing measure so you have a way to deal with wizards and changelings safely, as while wizards can still cast spells and changelings can still sting while stunned and cuffed, they cannot do either of those things while unconscious. Being able to quickly knock them out from a distance allows you to deal with them without needing to worry about getting polymorphed/cluwned/stung and promptly killed
yes to the above from lord birb, it's useful for balance with wizards etc. and while i hate silent stun killers, tasers do allow for silent stunning, as opposed to stun batons where they yell a lot
(10-14-2017, 08:18 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: To be honest, tasers causing knockout is probably a balancing measure so you have a way to deal with wizards and changelings safely, as while wizards can still cast spells and changelings can still sting while stunned and cuffed, they cannot do either of those things while unconscious. Being able to quickly knock them out from a distance allows you to deal with them without needing to worry about getting polymorphed/cluwned/stung and promptly killed

It doesn't really effect wizards though. It takes a while for the KO to kick in and wizards just use teleport the second they're tazed anyway. I WISH it worked like that though. Teleport is a little too effective right now.
I honestly don't know what to say so I apologize if I look like an asshole saying this, but it sounds like you're just trying to find reasons to get others to hate something you don't really care for because you were on the short end of the stick in a taser related fight one too many times.  The tasers are kind of shit as it is, and giving people more reasons to not wanna play security seems like a terrible idea to me.

I don't see a reason to change the taser because, along with stopping otherwise dangerous individuals from using abilities they otherwise use to get out of being arrested and murdered, I'd like to be able to arrest bad guys without them attempting to rally the crew to fight supposed abusive security.

Things get stolen or otherwise find their way into antag hands, but that's not a reason to change them. We don't nerf the Captain's armor because it's a good target for people to steal, we make better sure to keep bad guys from obtaining them.

Please do not nerf one of the most useful easy access tools in security's otherwise somewhat useless repertoire.
(10-15-2017, 12:47 AM)Technature Wrote: I honestly don't know what to say so I apologize if I look like an asshole saying this, but it sounds like you're just trying to find reasons to get others to hate something you don't really care for because you were on the short end of the stick in a taser related fight one too many times.  The tasers are kind of shit as it is, and giving people more reasons to not wanna play security seems like a terrible idea to me.

I don't see a reason to change the taser because, along with stopping otherwise dangerous individuals from using abilities they otherwise use to get out of being arrested and murdered, I'd like to be able to arrest bad guys without them attempting to rally the crew to fight supposed abusive security.

Things get stolen or otherwise find their way into antag hands, but that's not a reason to change them.  We don't nerf the Captain's armor because it's a good target for people to steal, we make better sure to keep bad guys from obtaining them.

Please do not nerf one of the most useful easy access tools in security's otherwise somewhat useless repertoire.

For one, I main security and don't play antag, so I'm the one dishing this out, hardly ever receiving it. Two, how does having the taser not mute people make people avoid security? You're job is to arrest criminals. If they can speak, it doesn't change much. Not too many people will actually suspect the officer who can't roll antag. Yes there are mindslaves, but players typically reserve those for heads.

EDIT: If anything, I want people to speak after I tase them. That way they can explain the situation or why they did what they did.

> along with stopping otherwise dangerous individuals from using abilities they otherwise use to get out of being arrested and murdered

The only antags it affects is ling and wizard, but like I said earlier, it has very little impact on wizards.