Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical AI shells don't see past static
See Above. 
If an area is staticked-out, a shell cannot see it. Including if it stands inside of a static tile, the shell simply dissapears under the layer. 
This makes certain switches, doors, and APCs 99% unusable, worse than before the update. 
The only way to make it usable is to move a mobile camera, such as a Robuddy or Beepsky, into the area you need to work on. 

Last night an admin spawned a camera into one of my shells and it helped, but the slow static updating was annoying (you could still easilly outrun the static and lose track of yourself / fly straight into deadly conditions ) 

In addition and possibly related to the new way cameras are treated, clicking "Change Camera Network" only brings up the deploy to shell menu. This makes it impossible to see anything in the diner, and makes tracking beepsky or robuddies require first manually finding them, then clicking to observe. 

Placing the overmind into the mining shuttle, then calling it, successfully moves the overmind to the debris field. Moving past the cockpit then triggers a snap-back to the mainframe.  

Note: Borg shells have no camera issue as last i've seen.
When i played AI this was only some places sometimes, appealingly random what was blacked out. IE I could see the owlery just fine in a shell, but not from AI area, sometimes the static would randomly go away and then come back around the chapel area had no idea what that was about because no one was there. And there is still some static I find in shell, but not everywhere there was static before.
The static shifting and coming and going is usually because of a robuddy patrol, probably just out of sight.
I don't think robuddies patrol next to the coffins and zipgun place but I could be wrong.
I fixed this earlier (maybe a few rounds after you reported it?), I put cameras inside the AI shells that update properly. Now you can even strategically place shells to cover areas where cameras are cut.

I also fixed some issues with the bot static updates a few days ago, so those should be more 'immediate' instead of lagging behind the bot.
thanks MBC!

Just wanna mention that as of a round ago, the Change Camera network still doesnt work, still no cameras on debris field, and also the warp-to power / fire alarm doesnt work also.

oh and people tracking is inconsistent somewhat